1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your church or pastor on the list?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by standingfirminChrist, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You planted a seed, and that's all you can do. Let God bring it to fruition. :thumbs:

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is good to witness to someone who smelled of acohol, if you can stand their foolishness. Most of the time, it takes a drunk to stand a drunk. But if you witness to some who are drinking, more power to you and if when they sober up and those words bring forth fruit, they will certainly start seeking relief for their souls.

BBob,

3. standingfirminChrist

The centurian did not make the profession that, "Truly this was the Son of God" until after he had already killed Christ. He did not profess that while Christ was still alive.

I do not believe one can be in the act of, and continue with, murder (or any other sin)
    and be saved during the commission of that sin.

Afterwards, maybe, but not during. And certainly God is not going to hear a cry for Salvation from someone who intends to commit sin directly after the cry for Salvation.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Amen SFiC.......

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I hope you did not just refer to me as a drunk, Bob...

6. standingfirminChrist

One cannot expect to have hatred for another and intent to murder that one once finished with praying.

"God, I am going to kill so-and-so when I get up from prayer, so please save me now so I can do what I plan to do" is a foolish prayer and will not reach God in the respect of Him hearing and answering that cry for Salvation.

If I regard iniquity in mine heart, the Lord will not hear me.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I would never do that. The saying it takes a drunk to stand a drunk is true, or at least it is with me. I can't stand to be around drunks. Maybe its because I been there done that.

BBob,

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just curious...how many Israelites "murdered" after being directed to by God? Could any of them been saved during that?

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You're calling Billy Graham to repentance? You must think pretty highly of yourself.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't think so, but just wanted to clarify for the public.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Come on Web;
    Don't start comparing those under the Law to under GRace!!

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"All Scripture is useful..."

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, but how many cocumbines you got???

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm tryin' to convince the wife still :laugh:

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You already told me you felt unworthy, so at least you did have feelings. I think you did it right Joe.

BBob,

16. Joe

Joe New Member

ok, thanks :)

#116 Joe, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2007
  17. standingfirminChrist

BaptistBeliever,

I did not put Billy Graham on that list. That is a list compiled by a former poster here on the BB.

His contention is that one need not turn from their sins along with turning to God for Salvation.

Scripture teaches one must not regard iniquity in one's heart or the LORD will not hear that one. Scripture also declares that God will despise a heart that is not broken and sorrowful for sin.

Repentance is necessary if one desires Salvation. I told Sanderson to add my name to his list of preachers who preach repentance.

18. carrierwave~

carrierwave~ New Member

Bob,

I agree with you: Godly sorrow works to "change your mind" to receive Christ as Savior. Strong carries it farther than I believe God does however by adding compunction. Note Strongs definition "a reversal of a decision" (a change of mind or thinking). That's pretty good rendering. As Joe said earlier the desire to not want to sin aught to be the response and attitude of the new creature in Christ. Yet this will not save or add to salvation. Christ does the saving!

Carrierwave~

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree with you that Christ does the saving. Maybe we are not as far apart as what we thought??

BBob,

20. carrierwave~

carrierwave~ New Member

Well Bob, I have re-read over all of your posts to me and researched all of the scriptures you sent, checked out who it is to and about, and have come to the conclusion that we do not agree at all. What I decipher from the "turn from your sins" + Jesus Christ is nothing more than a "back-door approach" to Lordship Salvation.

I do not see how you can truthfully defend salvation not being of works and hold your current position. You clearly do not seem to understand the difference between a sinner being saved and being a born-again disciple. You do not seem to grasp that the CROSS of Christ as a place to die to self-righteousness, that Christ Jesus is the Savior and not a divine helper to get us to Heaven by our works. Until I died to my own good works as being part of my salvation I never had total assurance I was truly saved. I thank God I have learned differently.

It was a pleasure though discussing this important issue and presenting my conviction using scripture and defining His salvation as I feel the Holy Spirit has led me.

Carrierwave~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.