1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isaiah 19:19-25

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by wpe3bql, Sep 15, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

In my one year study Bible that I use for my daily Bible reading, the OT passage in it for today (09/15) covered Isaiah 19:1-21:17.

Its study commentary focused on Isaiah 19:19-25 in which the prophet foretold of a day in the future will not only "follow the LORD of Hosts," but will also speak Hebrew. Moreover, as 19:19 says that there'll also "be an altar to the LORD in the in the heart of Egypt, and there will a monument to the LORD at its [Egypt's] border."

The prophet also goes on to say that not only Egypt, but also Assyria, will somehow be religiously joined to Israel in Israel's worshipping the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Obviously this is a prophecy that has never yet been fulfilled. Here is what by daily study Bible has to say about these events:

"Isaiah prophesied that Egypt would one day turn from idols and worship the one true God. Even more amazing is Isaiah's prophecy that Egypt and Assyria would unite in worship of the one true God. Imagine--the two chief enemies of Israel would one day worship Israel's God.
    "This prophecy will come true 'in that day'--the future day when Christ comes to reign fully and finally. When Egypt calls to God for help, He will send a Savior to deliver them.
    "Because Christ died for all people everywhere, no one is excluded from becoming God's people. Thus, in Christ, enemies can unite in love because they are both God's people. In Christ, people and nations that are light years apart will bow at His feet as brothers and sisters. In Christ, any barrier that divides a relationship can be broken down and replaced with peace (see Ephesians 2:13-19)."

In light of my church ( www.lighthouseministries.org ) holding her annual Missionary Conference next week, this struck me as being a real encouragement for us to not only to reach more of our home area's (the Nashville TN region) refugees that have come to this area in the last few years--which we have been doing for the last several years [our own "Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria" {Acts 1:8}], but also to support and encourage the many missionaries that we support in other areas of the world.

With this in mind, I'd love to read about how your own local church does foreign missionary work in both your local region (within, say a 100-mile radius of your local church) and also to the regions beyond that perimeter.