1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isaiah 65:19 -21 Millenial Passage????

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, Jun 14, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

19And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
    20There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
    21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Verse 20 is the real focus of this. The professor of Eschatology I studied under said this verse dealt with the millenial reign. He said it meant if a person born in the Mil doesn't trust Christ by the time he is 100 years old then that person wouldbe put to death. The child shall die at 100 years old. The sinner will be a believer living in sin. How see you guys this verse? This is what he taught not saying I accept the teaching or not.

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

This occurs within the New Heavens and New Earth established in the 2 previous verses:

17For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.18But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

So what happens at the end of the MK? Another New Heavens and New Earth?

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I have heard some teach that after the New Jerusalem comes down it is temporary and when it is done all who are in the NJ go to heaven.

I don't put any stock in that. The New Heaven and New Earth have the NJ in them and all there have resurrected bodies, so theNew Heaven and Earth passage according to the guy that taught verse 20 as millinenial said that the verses seperated at 20.

The Millenial Kingdom doesn't change the Heaven and earth the earth stays intake until after the millenial then the earth is destroyed by fire so a new heaven and earth come with NJ resting on the new earth.

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if we are in the "millennium"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

He said that this would be capital punishemnt if they had not received Christ as saviour upon reaching 100 they would be executed, Capital Punishment would be in effect.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes,,,,,what is the...... for,there for in verse 17...

And especially that Paul quotes Isa 65:1 in Romans 10...identfying it with the gospel being spread world wide.:thumbsup: