1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isaiah's Prophecy Concerning Cyrus?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by drfuss, Apr 18, 2006.

1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

In the 45th chapter of Isaiah, Cyrus is identified as the one who will set free my exiles and will rebuild my city. Isaiah died many years before the exile and Cyrus.

Somewhere I heard that the Jews showed this scripture to Cyrus, King of Persia, to help convince him to support the Jews return to Jersulem. Is this only speculation or is there some documentation to support this?

2. mima

mima New Member

I have always found this passage about Cyrus being shown in Isaiah that the scripture spoke of him as absolutely astounding! Can you imagine this man who was king of Persia, in the days of the divine right of Kings, in other words he was absolute ruler. Being shown this by his servants who were a captivated, defeated nation. Talk about a shock, that would be one, having scripture to be shown to you written 400 years before, showing you as the named person!!!!!

3. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The Jews say Cyrus was surprised and honored to have God put his name in his holy book.

There's a Christian organization, "friends of Cyrus", (I think) that collects/sends relief funds to Israel.