1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ISIL pursues Islamic prophecy: Establish muslim caliphate

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Oct 17, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doubt at all that ISIL is Islamic.

Read their own magazine.

http://media.clarionproject.org/fil...e-magazine-Issue-1-the-return-of-khilafah.pdf

It portrays the Islamic State as they see themselves: boasting of their victories and painting a romantic image of the restoration of an Islamic golden age and the heralding of a glorious new Caliphate based on holy war.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you that ISIL/ISIS is Islamic. I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with that.

The debate is whether they are representative of all Islam. Which I believe they are not.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but Westboro is Baptistic. But I sure don't want people thinking that they are representative of all Baptists.

The major difference is that the activities of Westboro is easily identified and separated. Where ISIL/ISIS has a larger following. But large following =\= all. First Baptist, Hammond is a large church with a large following. But they don't speak for all Baptistdom.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have made that distinction multiple times right her on BB. We have people here that do not agree with us. They agree with our pandering president, that ISIL has nothing at all to do with Islam.

OTOH A very large percentage of muslims do believe in the prophecy of a coming caliphate. How many believe ISIL is the prophecy come true is the question. There may be millions who are secretly hoping they succeed.