1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Islam and Jesus

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with Islam's belief concerning Jesus, but they do have a belief in him.

Also read at: http://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-10.htm

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    CBT, wouldn't you say that it's more like they have a belief OF Him?

So did and do the demons - according the gospels.

They believe that Isa was a prophet of Allah born of a virgin. Let's just say that they are referring to Jesus. They don't believe in His deity nor His death and bodily resurrection for our sins, so believing He existed and was even miraculously born serves them no better then how it serves the demons of hell.

Don't you think?

#2 Scarlett O., Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "A" belief might be a better choice of words.

You bring an interesting question to my mind. They view him as a prophet. From my limited reading I do not think they believe that Jesus plays a part in a person's salvation.

My impression is they believe in salvation by works. At the age of puberty God opens a book on each person and all their good and bad deeds are recorded. At the final judgment if the book is placed in the person's right hand, they are saved. If the book is placed in the person's left hand, they are damned.

No argument from me on that one.

The same could be said of some groups who call themselves christian.

My purpose in the OP was simply to show they acknowledge that Jesus was from God however misguided that acknowledgment might be. I believe they are in great error in their understanding.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sick this morning with a stupid sinus infection that kept me up all night - not breathing - and head pounding. I need to go back to bed.

But, I just wanted to say that I have three Muslim families whose children I teach at school. I love them dearly. The parents dress in traditional Pakistani clothing, but the children, last year, wore traditional American teenage clothing and this year we have school uniforms.

These students and their families are some of the most moral and upright people I know. The children are completely obedient at school, mannerly, friends with everyone, and have high academic goals for themselves.

The parents, while their English is not the best, are very involved with the school.

You are right. These people are in "great error" about the truth and about salvation. These Muslim families at my school are so greatly devout in their beliefs.

It breaks my heart. I pray for them regularly and have had some light "chats" with some of them when every they ask me in private about my beliefs - which they have. More than once. I do not make any pretense about hiding my beliefs. I keep a plaque of the 10 Commandments on my wall and have mentioned my church and my beliefs at Christmas and Easter. And I keep prayer cards on my desk and one young Muslim has asked me about them.

We have "See You At the Pole" day every year where the student body meets at the American flag pole and listens as someone presents Christ and we pray for each other and the school.

The first year I was there, I was concerned that my Muslim students would not attend, but when we brought our homerooms to the pole, they willingly came. I was prepared to tell them - if they expressed desire NOT to come - that they could sit in the office with the secretary until we back, but they attended. One of the mothers came, too.

The two older boys ran the sound system last Christmas when we had program. All the younger children sang in it. They almost every Christmas song I know - both secular and sacred. Their parents attended then to watch them sing.

I guess I said all that to say this.

I'm there to teach them mathematics. And I do.

But I know that know that they are going to hell without a saving faith in Jesus Christ. I can only present myself as a Christian to them and tell them of my faith when applicable - Christmas/Easter and answer their questions in private when they have them.

It's a burden to me.

Devout people - who are dead wrong IN their devotion to a lie - are so terribly hard to reach.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Islam is a religion that denies the Son

What did Jesus say??

He who denies the Son----denies the Father!!

Islam is a religion that denies God!!!

Islam is antichrist!!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So what, so does Satan and his followers. In the end they will all suffer the same fate unless they repent and turn to the one, true, and living God and His Son.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I posted the OP to show that thought they are wrong, they do recognize Jesus as a great prophet. This was in response to another thread where it was stated they had no recognition of him at all. Jesus is mentioned more often in the Koran than Mohammad.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Each of these off the wall faiths define Jesus Christ in some odd manner. I guess one could say they look at Jesus similar to how we view Moses, or the prophets, messengers of God given the ability to do miracles for Gods purposes.

Scarlott mentioned that her experience with Islamic families is that they are some of the most moralistic people one could ever meet. I am sure many of those families put us to shame as far as day to day life. However, it reminds me of the Mormons and their relationship to Christ. Mormons are outwardly in the same catagory. They appear and act with a high degree of morality, more so than the average Christian. Below the surface, like the Muslims, JWs, etc is where everything falls apart and determines eternal destiny. Christ was/is not a prophet or messenger alone, allowed to do miracles. He is God, and is qutie capable of doing miracles in His own power. He being God, is the only source of salvation, by grace through faith in His work on the cross, and the blood He shed for our many, many sins.

9. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Absolutely. I do wonder sometimes if Islam is the Devil's religion because of the things it teaches.

Muslims say they believe Jesus was a good man and a prophet, but then turn around and say they don't believe He was who He said He was. They deny that he was the son of God and go so far as to say our Bible is corrupted and that Jesus didn't say those things.

Their version of Jesus is not our Jesus. Their Allah is not our God. According to Muhammad, Jesus was a Muslim, as were Noah, Abraham and Moses.

Furthermore they deny that Jesus died on the Cross and the Gospels are unreliable. They don't believe in the Trinity, but rather they believe that our belief in the Trinity is unforgivable.

And they say Jesus never claimed to be God.