1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Islam to be the largest world religion.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Soon the Christians will be raptured from the earth leaving behind the world in kaos.

Yet Islam will not be in any kaos as they will be the largest religion on earth. While the world goes into decay from all the sights that we saw on the popular film "left behind", Islam will mobilise and people will be keen for its fundamentalism to restore law and order.

I hope the people of the world enjoy Islam for it will be a long seven years!

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I think you are partially correct there brother.
    I think the A/C will be a muslim. I also think that the predominant world religion in OUR day is Islam. It is not too far fetched to believe the the great lie that will deceive the whole world will be Islam.
    I do not think "Left Behind" was very accurate. I think the trib. very well could be more than seven years. No real good reason to believe the popular theory of seven years. I have seen the Daniel arguments. I am just not convinced the "great" trib. is seven years. It could be much longer.
    But that is my opinion, and nothing I am very dogmatic about.

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. mioque

mioque New Member

"Yet Islam will not be in any kaos as they will be the largest religion on earth."
    "
    There is a reason I included a moslima under the new improved characters in my how to improve the Left Behind novels thread.

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/15/514.html#000007

av1611jim
    "I think the A/C will be a muslim."
    "
    Not unlikely at all. people often point to the EU and the RCC as the heirs of the Roman empire, but Islam has a similar connection as the religion/empire that took over the Byzantine (Eastern Roman) empire.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming that only 100 million of the 1.2 billion who claim to be Christians are, by their own admission, born again by faith alone, I think after the rapture that Christianity will STILL be the world's largest religion.

5. mioque

mioque New Member

There are decidedly more than 1.2 billion people on this planet who claim to be Christians. The Catholic Church alone has something like 1 billion members.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoops. My fingers again. Thanks for catching the transposed numbers.

2.1 billion who claim Christianity (of some sort)

1,150,000,000 Roman Catholic
    400,000,000 Protestant
    100,000,000 Evangelical
    200,000,000 Eastern Orthodox
    250,000,000 Cults/Others

(The above are estimates; my last firm figures were 1996, then updated in 2000. Religious groups are notoriously 5 years behind or so in accounting. I taught Comparative Religions and Religious Philosophies in college for many years)

7. Link

Link New Member

I don't see this scenario in the Bible-- that is a pretribulational rapture. What I see is that they that are Christ's at His COMING will be resurrected, and only one Second Coming of Christ in scripture. Thessalonians, etc. all seem to argue for one Second Coming, and I can't find any scripture that argues for a pre-tribulation rapture.

That being said, Islam would really have to change into something else for the Beast to be a Mslim wouldn't it? Would Mslims consider a man to be God? That seems to be a major stumbling block ot them now.

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Can some of our British brothers and sisters confirm something that I had read? That there are more attending Mosque in England than attend Christian Churches.

9. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Link;
    Islam itself would no more have to change than christianity itself would have to change in order for the "beast" or A/C to come from either of them.
    Most of protestantism today sees the RCC as producing the beast and a/c. Wouldn't christianity have to experience the same kind of change as you suggest for Islam?
    Your disqualification doesn't compute. In fact, Islam is a much greater threat and it is not inconceivable that Islam will be the "world-wide" religion requiring "conversion or death" rather than RCC.

Food for thought.

In HIS service;
    Jim

10. Link

Link New Member

Aside from the pre-trib rapture part, I did not say that the scenario was impossible. Just that Islm would have to undergo some changes before this would be possible, imo.

11. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What people have to be aware of with Islam is that there are more "Denominations" of it per capita than Christianity althought some people promoting islam might like you to think other wise. Sure Sunni, Shiite and Sufi are well known, yet there is no global network and the inmans are not connected globally. Hence it is up to the local interpretation of the local mosque and its leadership. It can also be based tribally so one group of Sunnis can oppose another group and so on.

Yet they are moving towards a global leadership and I think that there is a purpose for that which will become realised!

12. Stephen Mills

Stephen Mills New Member

You know as well as I do that such numbers are incorrect. Many people say they are born again when they are not, while there are also many who may not even realize/understand that they have been born again.

13. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Something that a preacher I knew used to say was that people need to have a "revelation of Jesus" at some point. Maybe they have even been baptised, yet the revelation of what Christianity is all about has not hit them yet.