1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isn't it ironic

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Oct 9, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isn't it ironic,

News breaks of major banking problems and Obama's polling points take a spike up because naturally the people place blame on the current party in power and McCain is part of that party.

Then comes a ridiculus buy out supported by BOTH parties intended to "stop the bleeding" and "restore confidence" to the people.

The buy out does nothing and the market continues to crash.

So the Fed cuts another half a point on the interest rate intended to "stop the bleeding".

It does nothing and the market continues to crash.

What is going on? What is happening here?

The very poll surge for Obama, caused by the initial bad news and anger towards the sitting party, has the investment people now thinking that Obama is indeed going to be the next President. OH NO! My capital gains in the stock market is going to be taxed through the roof. Well, I will just take my gains now, even though already hit, and get out while the getting is good.

So the market continues to crash because Obama's poll numbers continue to look good for him being elected which means taking from the investors and giving to the lazy. (Remember, the poor already pay no tax)

Ironic don't you think? The very poll numbers that show Obama up is the very reason the market is colapsing and Obama hasn't got a clue. He thinks it is because of Bushe's tax policy for the last eight years! Remember now, everything in the market was just peachy keen until the big news broke. And even when the Feds chipped in 700 billion which should have fixed the problem, it continued to drop. Investors are not going to put there money where Obama can get his hands on it.

This market will not recover unless McCain's poll numbers get close to or even to Obama's. and if Obama wins, look out for the next several years, maybe even 8 or 10.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right!:thumbs:

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe the pollsters are cooking the books so to speak in favor of Obama, but either way unless McCain's numbers get back to close with Obama's the market will not stop bleeding. What's ironic is that Obama doesn't see the connection between declaring he will be taking the captal gains of investors with the investors pulling out their money.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Emphasis mine

Remember the election of '48!!!!

Most, if not all, major newspapers of the day had headlines ready proclaiming "DEWEY CRUSHES TRUMAN", or some such.

Come the AM of the day after election and it was just the opposite.

There's still hope in spite of the obvious liberal leftist leanings of the MSM!

Regardless, it's in His hands!!

MARANATHA!!!!