1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isn't it ironic?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by abcgrad94, Jan 22, 2009.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought he hesitated because he couldn't remember his line!:laugh: If what you say is the case I cannot condenm him too harshly. (On this issue, anyway.)

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==We could say, and I will say, that as the Supreme Court Chief Justice Mr. Roberts should have known the oath and he should have had enough common sense to have a cheat sheet with him in case he got thrown off. But I suppose that is not going to get you upset since Mr. Roberts is a Republican, right? If this had happened with a Republican President I wonder if you would think it so bad. :rolleyes:

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Hypocrites? Who are you calling hypocrites? Those who disagree with your political position? I certainly hope not.

4. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Not at all.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

What tree did you fall out of? You can actually say that, "You almost never hear of Republicans complaining about things." President Obama has been constantly criticized for weeks about his administration when he wasn't even president yet!

6. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fell out of the ugly tree & hit every branch on the way down.:laugh: I just had to say that.

In all seriousness, I was simply reffering to when it comes to getting things done in the senate, congress, & on the executive level. People will criticize each other all day. I was just talking about Democrats over using the word "Bipartisan".

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

It's the only explanation I can think of for why he paused when he did.

Again, there's no question he'll deserve to be criticized for some of his actions in the next 4 years. I just don't think he deserves to be criticized for this one.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Isn't it ironic that when Bush used "war language" people bashed him for it, but when Obama says "we will defeat you" in his Inaugural speech, he is praised. The commentators I heard on the radio could not gush enough over what he said. People seem to see him as a saint.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You don't know that's why he hesitated. He may have forgotten and needed Roberts to repeat it. But, even after Roberts corrected his mistake, Obama said it wrong anyway. If you actually listen, you hear that Obama said it the way Roberts did at first before he corrected it.

It's amazing that some of you will defend Obama on something as senseless and obvious as this. He messed up. It's not big deal.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Isn't it ironic that when the Clinton's left the WH, they took much with them and their staff vandalized some of the equipment left, but Bush didn't complain.

Isn't it ironic that when the Bushes left the WH, they and their staff left so much behind and took only that which belonged to them?

Isn't it ironic how snubbed Bush's entrance into the WH by the Clinton's and their staff yet their party applauded and the Reps didn't complain?

Isn't it ironic how thoughtful the Bush administration was in helping the new President Elect during the transition period prior to the inauguration, offering several invitations to the WH and conferring with the new President...... and no recognition for their extrordinary conduct by the winning party?

Isn't it ironic how much 'change' was talked about before the election and how many who make up the new cabinet are of the same old groups which have 'progressed' us to this current point?

Isn't it ironic, that although President Obama can show himself to be a gentleman of class and courteous bearing, those in his own party have shown little inclination for following his lead?

Isn't it ironic how quickly the media turns, now that their darling is elected and inaugerated, to publish petty criticism before the new pres has fulfilled his first day or so of office?

Isn't it ironic how many who stood against Bush on this board.... continue to do so and seem to have nothing positive to say, but expect those who opposed Obama's election, to bow down to them and worship their victor and accept all he proposed without controversy or concern?

Isn't it ironic that Christians who have the great common denominator of the blood and lordship of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, still nurture the petty grievances incompassed in car nal differences which are only temporary and will one day be destroyed?

11. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Excellent points Windcatcher!!!!

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Yes, you're right, I don't. That's why I said this.

I don't think I claimed to be a mind reader. I assumed that that's what happened and it seemed like a logical assumption to make.

It's amazing that some want to cast aspersions on him for something as senseless and obvious as this. He messed up. It's not a big deal. I say let's cast aspersions on him over something that really matters.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Unless it is being used to try to make an association that doesn't exist...a form of libel.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And being as they removed the "w" from computer Keyboard it is clear and evident it was used in contempt.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Eight year old news and off topic, yet again.

16. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The only thought I had when it happened was that he forgot what he was supposed to say. I have had that happen in weddings, when I actually have to repeat it because the bride or groom can't remember what I just said. (And we aren't doing it memorized ... they are repeating after me).

I agree, and there is plenty of that already, such as his reckless disregard for human life.

17. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful PL, you're gettin' into facts, & them's fightin' words!!