1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Isn't it our Christian duty to support the Second Amendment?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by robertguwapito, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I cannot believe some of the things I'm reading here. I'll tell you something. If I had been in that school cafeteria this week when that student pulled out a gun to kill his fellow students, I would have shot him. And the parents of those dead students wouldn't be planning their funerals right now. :tear:

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot believe some of the things I'm reading here. I'll tell you something. If I had been in that school cafeteria this week when that student pulled out a gun to kill his fellow students, I would have shot him. And the parents of those dead students wouldn't be planning their funerals right now.

...and you know what else, Amy.G? It's "against the law" to carry a weapon on public school grounds across this nation.

So, I guess we need to write some more laws, no?

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yeah, only the criminals get to carry weapons.

4. robertguwapito

robertguwapito New Member

For any reason? How about for saving the lives of your loved ones? :thumbs:

5. robertguwapito

robertguwapito New Member

Praise the Lord but pass the ammunition! :wavey:

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Wouldn't help, as 1 rock thrower vrs a mob!

#66 DaChaser1, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Was he even physically capable at the time? I doubt the crowd treated him gently beforehand.

8. Ed B

Ed B Member

As he was not culturally American, I suspect Stephen's consideration had little to do with the odds. However, he was and remains a great Christian witness.

1 Corinthians 10:23
    All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient. All things are lawful for me, but all things do not edify.

9. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I can't believe some of the reasonings I've read in this thread.

Fear makes one own firearms? Do you lock your house or car? Do you walk in dark alleys alone at night? Do you encourage your children to talk to and accept candy from strangers? Isn't that all borne out of "fear"?

You are correct that firearms dont help in a spiritual warfare. But they sure do help in physical warfare. And you can bet that the mugger or rapist isn't spiritual, but physical.

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe they would be totally amazed to think that anyone believed the constitution was tied to Christianity. They would not be amazed if somone said the ideas in the amendments come from the French Enlightenment. The constitution comes from the founding fathers philosophy, not their religious beliefs.

11. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Why even have our police/army then armed for battle?

Does this mean christians are required NOT to be armed, and cannot fire upon muggers/raptists/murderers if called upon to do such?