1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isn't tenderheartedness a mandate we find in the Bible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Harold Garvey, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

[​IMG]

Since you are always doing this

[​IMG]

Do us all a favor and try this

[​IMG]

2. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Listen, until you make specific references to whatever it is you're talking about, I find your post nothing more than a personal attack.

I see Jesus speaking the truth in love for the most part, but the religious bunch he had the most problems with are the pharisees and scribes.

I have made no judgement. If one feels judged as you perceive, then make your case more plainly, otherwise you have nothing to actually say but are using vitriole and express nothing more than your mantra.

I will thank you for whatever it is you're registering this complaint about in advance.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I have found over the years is that many I have worked with who have strayed from the faith in a way that is not Christlike is because they have encountered others who suggested that righteousness is attained by a prescribed set of rules and regulations and tell people that it is the model for a real Christian to follow. The problem is that spirituality is not measured and cannot be measured by a self righteous standard such as gnosticism but by a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ. The self righteous standard leaves out the Holy Spirit. The self righteous can appear holy but God knows the difference.

4. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Then why do you persist in making these allegations?

I have not compared myself to anyone. you act as if I am guilty of it then you begin to proclaim yourself to be above others.

What really is to identify things as ridiculopus is the following way you attack others, humble yourself in a voluntary humility acting as if you're exalting Christ in the same effort.

I don't claim to have any righteousness, only filthy rags.

I find your remarks lacking grace, accusative, and truly establishing a sort of self-righteous tone.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"Please, don't be so vain that you think I made that remark about you."

That is an accusation.

"Please shut up" is not polite despite "please" being there. It's what follows that matters.

6. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Ah, the good old Christian way of telling some one to shut-up.

I'm feeling really loved now.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'll be honest - I'm accusing you of being a hypocrite. You are crying "be kind" when you are not doing anything of the sort to others but giving quite backhanded comments. It's ridiculous to watch this thread. It's like watching my 6 year old complain. :BangHead:

8. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Good analyzation and judgement against others in the same breath, I think.

Has the Lord appointed you to such a task, or is this just another self-appointment?

Christ is our "rule of law" to follow, he maintained the perfection as only he could and reached out to those others condemned, much like you have condemned those you seem to be appointed to judge.

I suppose some people cannot be preached to because they have already arrived.

9. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Thank you for such a gracious response which lacks anything associated with it. Do you always respond to those with whom you disagree in this tone?

Something comes to mind..........out of the mouth of babes.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Perhaps ypu shpould erad what yopu have already written. My guess is that you are so blind at this point that you cannot possibly see what it is others are trying to point out to you. It is sad that you will not consider what others are saying. It is to your detriment.

I remember the day I tried to tell an employee about how he could do better on the job by a change in his attitude. I had no intention of terminating him until I realized that he was not listening and had no intention of making any change. His response was that the problem was the employees in the plant and not him. So when I realized that he would not listen I realized that to keep him meant that morale was going to go down and he would never listen.

Prov 1:1-7, "The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel: To know wisdom and instruction, To discern the sayings of understanding, To receive instruction in wise behavior, Righteousness, justice and equity; to give prudence to the naive, To the youth knowledge and discretion, A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel, to understand a proverb and a figure, the words of the wise and their riddles. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Shall I consider you a fool or wise by your behavior?

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently God never uses anyone in your life because you won't let Him.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice and let God examine you.

Psalm 139:23, 24, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way."

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Only to those who are clueless and need to be told right out what they are doing wrong. I don't like to beat around the bush. If I'm doing something wrong, I want someone to tell me. I'm telling you that you are asking for others to treat you with kindness and respect and when you are clearly not treating them that way.

I would expect a grown man to act better than a 6 year old. But even Joanna is beginning to understand that she can't accuse others of doing something wrong when she's doing it too. She's learning. Are you?

13. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

According to everything you have rresponded to me you have already made that call and it would do nothing to advance this even if I said I was a fool.

I'm a fool for Jesus, btw, and who's "fool" are you?

Just because a gang of cut-throats attack a traveler doesn't make their efforts right.

people are responding to what I said as if I judged them, there is one that judgeth, it ain't me!

14. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Perhaps you can point out those specifcs I asked for and stop with all the vitriole? I doubt that you will, it's your nature.

15. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

No. I am asking people like you to speak to others with grace. I don't find you doing that much and it seems you place yourself in a role of authority which I don't see where you are.

Of course you're allowed to speak, but with the way you make all these accusations I am beginning to think there's been a hot iron placed on some one's conscience.

I think trhere's a kettle in you pantry calling the pot black.

Go see if maybe you can eavesdrop on their conversation.

It rather seems you have a right to speak to me as a child, from a child's view. I say this as tenderhearted as I know how, so if it doesn't fit your hearing well enough, may be you should start praying for me because I haven't seen anything akin to tenderheartedness from you yet.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

ROTFL - I see that it is useless to talk to you. I pray that God may have a better time getting through.

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Vitriole"? Are you Italian?:laugh: It's spelled vitriol, and you should have used it in the adjectival form as in vitriolic criticism.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Harold, as Major Payne would say....."you have a attitudinal problem" :laugh:.

Let it go. Just discuss the topics and leave the chip on your shoulder out of it.

As far as Ann being ungraceful, you couldn't be more wrong. She is a fine Christian woman. I have know her for over 2 1/2 years on the BB. Even though we don't agree on everything, she has always been kind to me and I hope I have been the same to her.

Leave your emotions at the door and you will do much better here.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Would that be pronounced vitreeoli? Does it taste like ravioli? Yum!

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Is there any real purpose to this thread?
    Not any positive one that I can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.