1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Israel and the church are one and the same.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bob Hope, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow that is a new one. Trying to pin me with the argument you were making and I was arguing against.
    But I guess it is clear that you have moved beyond the above statment since its clear you want to argue against yourself there. So that is progress that you now acknowledge that the blood of Christ is what redeems us.

It would be very hard for my husband to explain something that neither one of us believe. Again I'm glad to see you have progressed from believing that the OT Saints were forgiven their sins through animal sacrifice. But in the future I would ask that you not try to put your arguments on to me. That is not good form. If you have changed your mind you should just acknowledge that you use to think one way and now you think another way. Like I have no problem admitting that I used to be a dispensationalist and now I'm not. I was raised as a non-cal and now I'm a cal. There is no shame in admitting that you were wrong in the past.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another example of Israel and the Church being distinguished as separate entities:

Matthew 10:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Is Christ sending out the disciples to the Church?

But wait, He is ministering to those who are in state of destruction.

How then is this that spiritual Israel some view to be the Church of the Old Testament?

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No takers?

Well, to keep this thread alive, lol, let's continue in this passage:

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Now wait a minute, are we to believe that the members of the Body of Christ have not yet been reconciled?

That people can be members of the Body of Christ, yet still in need of Reconciliation?

Paul does say "both" here doesn't he?

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.