1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Israel has reached the end of the road

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .......................Ahmad Khatami, conducting the Friday prayers, slammed the "United Nations, Organization of Islamic Conference, Egypt, the Europeans and United States" for their inaction on Gaza.

"Why are the UN and OIC keeping silent? Where are the European nations who are the defenders of human rights?" Khatami said in his sermon, broadcast live on state-run radio and quoted by AFP.

"We can see the hands of (US George W.) Bush and (president-elect Barack) Obama in these crimes," he said. ...........

More Here

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Don't Think So!

Israel has reached the end of the road ? ?

I just read something where God has begged to differ.

It's called the Bible.

Ed

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The OP title came from the title of the article and if you read it, a quote inside.

I would suggest God doesn't beg and he has established his people, Israel, forever. But then the muslims are selective in their belief of the Bible: They believe it is corrupted yet accept points here and there: One which they do not accept is that God has promised to preserve for himself a people.... and that people was Israel.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Then let God defend Israel. God doesn't need my tax dollars to defend Israel. An impartial test of God's intent would be to give Iran a small nuke.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Your right! God doesn't need any of us! This should make it all the more remarkable that he cares enough about us to allow us to be in positions to feel included by him in the doing of his wonderful works.... such as his healing the sick for whom we've prayed or his saving a loved one, for whom we've carried concern over his life and soul.

Neither does God have to bless us. In fact, we are never desserving of the best that we get! But we can add to any judgements which may come due to our people by dishonoring God, his Word, or the people who he has established as being the apple of his eye.

One doesn't have to curse to be subject to charges of being profane. Please, let us be careful about what we suggest or support! If you read the article, you would have known that 'tax dollars to defend Israel is neither published nor implied'. In fact, the title of the article and this post refers to a verbal threat just as nasty as the remark to which I've replied.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I read the article.

I am aware of what was said.

The phrase "beg to differ" is an English idiom, which means to have a different idea. It does not imply "begging" in the sense you are meaning, in any manner.

Ed