1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ISV

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by DeclareHim, May 7, 2004.

1. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I was wondering if anyone has read the International Standard Version. I have and really enjoy it. If you would like to read it you can go to www.isv.org and download the New Testament and part of the Old Testament. The Old Testament is being translated now. I was interested that a couple of the translators were from Baptist College's a few were. Dallas Theological Seminary, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. So I think it might be a Bible that Baptist should get behind and support. comments.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

The International Standard Version is a more literal translation than the NIV but less literal than the NASB. Baptists also contributed to the translation of the NASB, and for accuracy, especially of Greek verb tenses, it is a distinctly superior translation.

By the way, Welcome to the Baptist Message Board! [​IMG]

3. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Thanks its awesome to get on here and here from differant people thanks for the reply.