1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It’s narrowing down, so who do you pick?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4ever4Jesus, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

One thing about the Rays' fans - yes, they don't fill the stadium very well, but I heard that their local TV revenues do well - mainly because their fan base consists of a lot of senior citizens - ones who prefer to stay home and watch on TV. Makes sense when you think of the demographics in that area.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

How is that? How do they measure this? One of the Fox channels obviously carries it. Is it ad dollars? Just curious.

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I don't know - heard it on MLB Network. I know they track it somehow, because the Yankees make a ton of money from their YES network, and that's one of things that has been posed - putting all local TV money in a pot and splitting between teams. Makes sense to me - NFL teams don't get their own local TV money - they share it all. Yankees wouldn't the Yankees if they didn't have other teams to play, so it makes no sense for them to keep all that money. This is a league, not individual businesses trying to compete in pure capitalism.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm not laughing. The O's have some very good players. I don't know what Showalter did, but he got those guys playing really good ball. I'm not sold on their pitching, but it's hard to be when the team has been bad for so long.

I don't ever see that happening.

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fox sports channels carry most of the games. Often they are on 2 different channels.

One of the other issues people say is the stadium and the location. We are 45 miles away and can get there in less than an hour by 75 and 275. But it's an hour because of traffic from Tampa and 2 hours from the other big possible market - Orlando.

The stadium is a great place to see a game. Inside and great lines of sight. But the area has very few restaurants and the parking is a pain.

Wherever they build the new stadium, I hope it is inside because tropical heat and humidity, thunderstorms and florida all go together. And they don't mix very well with baseball.