1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured It is so plain in Gal 4

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

To confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Rom 15:8-9

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

Who cannot see from this passage that the Mercy's promised to the Fathers, and confirmed by Christs coming into the world and dying for the sins of God's people, that they had a Gentile interest, that the Gentiles might Glorify God for His Mercy. This lets us Know that the promises were made to the Church, the Body of Christ, The Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29 through Christ Gal 3:16

Remember when the Old Saint Zacharias was praising God at the birth of John , and he stated in regards to that, how that God hath remembered His Oath to the Fathers and to Abraham and hath performed the Mercy ?

Lets read Lk 1:67-73,79

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

Well this is what Paul has reference to in Rom 15:8

And of course Zacharias makes mention also of the Gentile interest in Vs 79

79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Yes, that would be the Gentiles, and they would Glorify God for His Mercy ! Also see Acts 13:48; 15:17-18

So that is what Paul is relating in Rom 15:7-8, how that God, in giving Christ, His Birth, Life and Death, confirmed the promises made to the Fathers, and again notice next, that the Gentiles might glorify God for His Mercy, What Mercy ? The same Mercy Zacharias mentioned here Lk 1:72

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

So the gentiles were also Children of Prophets and Covenant Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

So it is not biblical to separate the gentiles from the promises to the Fathers, who mostly were ethnic jews, but only they were saved and spiritual !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Gentiles in Israel's promised Salvation !

The Full Number of the Gentiles coming in is what constitutes all Israel being Saved, for that is Paul's point here Rom 11:25-26

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

That was a Mystery ! That Saving all Israel included saving some gentiles along with some jews !

We know that saving all Israel cannot be saving all physical jews, because that would contradict this scripture which speaks of physical jews and salvation Rom 9:27

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel[The physical nation], Though the number of the children of Israel[physical nation] be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

You see that ? Inspiration says only a remnant shall be saved of Israel Physical. The word remnant means ὑπολείπω:

remnant, remains

Its like, only the left overs, or that which was left behind. A portion of the whole, or the rest.

So this verse crushes any thought whatsoever that the israel that shall be saved as in Rom 11:26 or Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

That this Israel is comprised of only ethnic jews, for that would contradict Rom 9:27

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Promises to the Fathers !

Rom 15:8-13

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

The Promises to the Fathers, the Jewish Fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and David. they always had Gentile Salvation in View ! Thats because the promises were made according to a Spiritual Seed out of the Fathers and not a Physical Seed.

Abraham had the Promises proclaimed to Him as being revealed to be the Father of Many Nations Gen 17:5-8

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

So Gentile Salvation, or Gentiles that would believe are also as Jews that would believe are the Children of the Covenant and of the Prophets Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.