1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It looks like Russia hired internet trolls to pose as pro-Trump Americans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Russia's troll factories were, at one point, likely being paid by the Kremlin to spread pro-Trump propaganda on social media.

That is what freelance journalist Adrian Chen, now a staff writer at The New Yorker, discovered as he was researching Russia's "army of well-paid trolls" for an explosiveNew York Times Magazine exposépublished in June 2015.

"A very interesting thing happened," Chen told Longform's Max Linsky in a podcast in December.

"I created this list of Russian trolls when I was researching. And I check on it once in a while, still. And a lot of them have turned into conservative accounts, like fake conservatives. I don't know what's going on, but they're all tweeting about Donald Trump and stuff," he said.

Linsky then asked Chen who he thought "was paying for that."

"I don't know," Chen replied. "I feel like it's some kind of really opaque strategy of electing Donald Trump to undermine the US or something. Like false-flag kind of thing. You know, that's how I started thinking about all this stuff after being in Russia."

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-internet-trolls-and-donald-trump-2016-7

[​IMG]

#1 Crabtownboy, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It looks like Russia hired internet trolls to pose as pro-Trump Americans

For this site's agent, Смит would be my guess ...

*laugh*

#2 Rolfe, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was all over Twitter. Here's a screen grab from last week.

Trump bots2.jpg

Trump bots1.jpg

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ITL, stop being a "hater." *laugh*