1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It May Be Time for a Black President, Just NOT Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 13, 2008.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I already have voted for Amb. Alan Keyes. I may well do it again, as he is on the Republican ballot for President in the KY primary, next Tuesday. I would very enthusiastically support Rep. J. C. Watts as well, were he running. I could support with personal, albeit not with a great deal of political, enthusiasm, simply because of a lack of legislative experience, Sec'y Condolezza Rice. I have twice voted for a woman for Governor, of KY.

I have voted for one Baptist, who is a member and deacon of my own church, to show how low I can go. :p

In fact, I even voted for a Baptist for Governor who is simultaneously a preacher, a doctor, and a lawyer, who actually had been my wife's personal physician. Three times, no less! :eek:

I will have to find out which votes, for which candidates, will be recorded, in the KY primary, before voting. Some votes will not be 'counted', due to the candidate having "dropped out" of the race, although the names remain on the ballot.

As to the upcoming general election, skin 'color' is not an issue; gender is not an issue; party designation is not an issue; 'name' is not an issue; ethnic background is not an issue; charisma is not an issue.

I realize this may be a difficult concept for some individuals.

"Issues" are the issue.

As to "hold your nose and jump", I have become quite good at doing just that, over my entire voting life of almost 42 years.

No doubt, due to the usual stench!

Ed

#21 EdSutton, May 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2008
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly.

"in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support the repeal of Roe v. Wade." - Senator John Sidney McCain III, Associated Press story on 8/24/99

#22 KenH, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I know this KenH. That is why I have concerns about him. My fear is that his pro-life stance is a convenient one, sense he is the Republican choice. I will not vote for a candidate that is brazen and open regarding this issue. Right now I think that McCain can be persuaded to stick to his promises. November is a long way away. My choice is not written in stone as of yet.