It takes forever for pages to load.

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Revmitchell, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else having long load times?

2. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

I usually have to reopen a new page after a certain amount of time, but the problem I am seeing is the printing of what I am typing slowing down. I can type a paragraph and then sit back as it slowly prints out on the screen.

Do you have nay kind of a security system you might be able to go into and check for viruses?

Another thing that might be happening is that you are leaving your computer on too long. Periodically I have to shut it down when things start to get slow, and after doing that things get back to normal. Maybe shutting it down and restarting might help?

God bless.

3. JamesL

JamesL
    Expand Collapse

it is taking a long time to load pages for me. I'm using a Windows phone and Android tablet with pretty much same effect

4. pwarbi

pwarbi
    Expand Collapse

I have to admit I'm experiencing no problems at all with the site, but maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones?

I'm also a fairly new member so I'm not sure what the site was like before the change over.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight
    Expand Collapse

I'm not getting any delays. The website might be a tad bit slower on some functions, but faster on others.

6. Gib

Gib
    Expand Collapse

On my computer when I try to scroll down to see the posts of the bottom of a page, the page keeps jumping back to the top of the page. After 3-4 times it works itself out.

However, I don't have that same issue on Tapatalk.

7. lexinonomous

lexinonomous
    Expand Collapse

Not only am I experiencing slow loading times, but I have had trouble typing into the forums. As I type, my words will lag and sometimes freeze. There have been a few threads that I've wanted to post on, but sadly my whole browser would freeze by the time I finished typing.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

That is because the page has not finished loading yet. I get the same thing. I do not experience this on any other site I visit.

9. MichelleVL

MichelleVL
    Expand Collapse

I'm not experiencing any delays with the site, and I'm a new member as well. As suggested before, you might want to try restarting your computer, and allowing a few seconds for the pages to fully load. You may also want to try checking if you have the latest Windows updates.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

That is all done.

11. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It takes a few seconds to load on my laptop but not on my PC. The laptop is running windows 8 and the PC is running Windows 7. It loads quick on my tablet and phone to.