1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's ALL from HIM!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

I understand perfectly what you are saying, but it is not consistent with what you say you believe. If salvation is 100% of God and does not require man's participation, then why are you preaching the gospel? You really should just meet together and praise God, and the leave the saving of men to him.

You won't agree, but what I am saying makes perfect sense if your doctrine is true.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I simply said that Christ alone is the way to heaven for any human being.

That God needs people to put faith in Christ in order for God to be able to apply the merits of Christ to them for their salvation is your doctrine.

I think, btw, that is God's normative way. But I do not think that God is restricted to that.

God can save howsoever he chooses, which includes saving babies from their sin without their participation.

There is none other name given among men whereby we must be saved. That is all I am saying.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You don't get it, Winman.

I'll say it again.

God doesn't need anything. He doesn't have to need it to want it nor does he have to need it to command it.

We preach not for man but for God.

Got it yet?

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That's illogical.

If you do something for my benefit you do it for me.

We preach for God and man benefits, but that does not mean that we preach for their benefit.

We preach for God not for men.

We love men but men are not our primary motive for ANYTHING we do.

We love God first. And we do not preach first of all to keep men out of hell. We preach for his glory. We are glad that men do come to Christ under our preaching. But that is not the primary reason we preach.

God does not need us. He can save completely without us. He can glorify himself completely without us.

But he chooses to use us and we are glad.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Based on the above bolded it is plausible atheists can be saved, maybe muslims and others. I'm sorry, but that line of thinking is not biblical and opens up all kind of problems that deny God's Word. God is restricted to saving man in the manner He has told us, He cannot save "howsoever he chooses" which is contrary to His Word. I'm actually shocked you believe this kind of stuff.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, if God wants you to preach the gospel, and God wants men to hear the gospel, then you must agree God wants man to participate in salvation, Yes?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's illogical to say preaching benefits man?!? God doesn't need to know the Good News, He doesn't need to be saved! We are doing God's work FOR man's benefit, not God's!

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It is far too easy for you to say this.

The only cannots that apply to God are only those that demand he contradict his nature.

God can save apart from faith. Tell him otherwise when you stand before his throne.

It does not allow for Muslims to go to heaven. God does not save those who deny Christ.

But God can save babies and invalids without their participation.

In fact God saves all men without their participation, as far as that goes. God gives men the faith to believe and gives them a heart that wants to believe. That is his way of saving.

He can do that for babies and invalids if he so chooses. Or he can save them without those things. He is God. He does whatsoever he pleases.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

As usual you misrepresent what your opponent says.

I did not say that preaching does not benefit man, did I?

Your statement with multiple question marks following is a straw man.

Stay focused. Debate me. Not your straw man.

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It depends on how you mean "participate" in this context.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Congratulations! You have just become an Arminian!

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's always easy to say what the Bible teaches.
    ..and HIS WORD. By grace are you saved THROUGH faith.
    Pure heretical garbage. I won't have to tell Him, He has already told us. You are becoming more hyper by the month.
    Why? He can save those who don't have faith, right?
    No He cannot...per His Word.
    God gave you the faith...who used it? Did you "participate" by using it?
    More garbage that deny's Scripture.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here is what you said "We preach for God and man benefits, but that does not mean that we preach for their benefit." Who's benefit?

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

When God's Word says something in the affirmative it does not condemn the possibility of the negative unless it uses language of exclusivity.

For example "There is none other name given among men whereby you must be saved."

none other- that is language of exclusivity. Therefore there is no other name whereby one can be saved.

But when the Bible says, "God sends his rain on the just and the unjust" thats affirmative language. It does not eliminate the possibility of the negative which is: God also does NOT send his rain on the just and the unjust. In other words there are just people and unjust people who live and die in climates that receive no rain.

Just because God does a thing one way doesn't mean that he does NOT do it another way.

God does save men through faith. That does not mena that he cannot save them without faith.

But we do know this. God saves NO ONE who denies the name of Christ or refuses to get on the Way.

Therefore no person who refuses the revelation of nature and Scripture can go to heaven.

But one who does not have the intellect to deny either, does not have to have faith because God can save apart from faith if he so chooses.

There is not a verse of Scripture in the Bible that you can bring to bear that says that God MUST have the faith of man in order to save him.

All you can produce is Scripture that says that God does indeed save through faith. That does not eliminate the possibility that he can save another way.

If you have Scripture that says that God cannot save the invalid without the invalids faith- please share it.

Typical debating tactics from webdog.

More typical...
    and still more...

no support... typical

and still true to form...:rolleyes:

#74 Luke2427, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
  15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It is irrelevant. Who benefits has nothing to do with our motive- at the very most it is secondary. Our motive is to please him who hath called us.

16. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That is not Arminianism which is yet another in a long list of proofs that establish your lack of theological comprehension.

That God uses men does not contradict nor identify any particular theological system known to man.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

And you please him by participating in the salvation of others by preaching the gospel, Yes?

And those who hear you preach the gospel participate by hearing, Yes?

You are coming along.

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Once again you demonstrate your total lack of theological understanding.

That men participate in the way you enunciate here does not contradict nor identify any theological system known to man.

19. Winman

Winman Active Member

Give me a break, when a man is told to go preach the gospel and does, are you telling me that is not participating in the salvation of others?

Did you get saved like Paul by Jesus appearing to you out of the sky, or did you hear a preacher preaching the gospel?

And did you participate by hearing, or did you storm out of the church and refuse to hear?

#79 Winman, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
  20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Lukes 1st post:

Lukes 2nd post:
    You are wrong master Luke!
    My actions are ALL FROM HIM! Therefore God is responsible for my actions, not me.

You said so. It must be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.