1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

its another daily bread post

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, Mar 12, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

One day I am going to have time to look up these verses
    Jesus was teaching us how to pray in Luke and he gives special notice about "give us this day our daily bread," implying that we should keep praying even if we don't get Gods answer when we wanted it. Is this one of Christs messages to prioritize our spiritual health over out physical needs? He does that often in his life. When he was fasting in the desert, Satan tried to persuade him that turning to what his body wanted was better off for him than what was required for his soul. Of coarse Christ refuted it easily. Yet when he was teaching the multitudes, he fed them both bread and fish to every single individual that was there with excess! So is the continual pryaing in asking for what I need is just to remind myself, that I can trust God to always have what I really need and give it to me even when I don't know it or when I didn't expect it?

2. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

add maybe Christ being the Bread of Life somewhere?