1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's In The Hands Of Ron Paul's Supporters

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Let's make this clear. Yes, Ron Paul was deliberately excluded from the poll for reasons stated more than once in the past. However, his exclusion has nothing to do with him, his candidacy, or his positions. Ron Paul's exclusion has everything to do with the actions of his supporters, and in one instance, a member of his campaign. I've received emails from Paul's supporters which are not only insulting, but harassing. Some have gone so far as to contact my web host by phone ... at his house. This is unacceptable and ridiculously inappropriate conduct.
    The answer to this problem is very simple. Ron Paul's inclusion in the straw poll has been and will continued to be based solely upon the conduct of his supporters.
    So, Ron Paul will not be included in next month's poll. If I or my web host receive one email or phone call from an angry supporter when the next poll launches, Paul will be excluded from the next month's poll, and so on.
    Ron Paul's inclusion/exclusion from the straw poll is in the hands of his supporters.

http://www.gopbloggers.org/mt/archives/005060.php

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I can understand why someone would feel the need to vent when something like this happens. I can also understand that it's their website so they can include/exclude anyone they choose to.

What I don't understand it why he is getting upset when they started it by skewing the polls and leaving Ron Paul out and then, when asked, most websites didn't even reply or said he was in it when in fact he was not.

To me, this is just another form of dirty politics. When the Polls didn't give these websites the results they wanted, they adjusted the people included to match their goals/beliefs. Theses polls where never meant to be meaningful or a respresentation of what the online community want, if so they would have left ALL the canidates in the poll.

I know there are going to be people that tell me how Ron Paul's supporters voted many times in each poll to skew the results. That could have and should have been prevented. Web programming isn't rocket science.

This author is only now admiting what everyone in the Ron Paul camp has been saying for months. Kudos for him for coming clean and being honest.. No kudos for this article or his orginal action of removing Ron to begin with.

Jamie

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

While I am neither a supporter or detractor of Representative Ron Paul, per se, I would find it almost unthinkable that 'only' Ron Paul 'supporters' responded in unappropriate ways. You mean that no other e-mail, from any other candidate's 'fan base' was either insulting or harassing? That seems pretty hard to fathom, IMO.

Ed

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why the fuss?:confused:

It really doesn't matter much who's included and and who's not . Straw polls are worse than useless.