1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's JUDGMENT TIME!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, May 18, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Christians need to do a Bible study and just take time to look at all the Bible verses concerning the Judgment and what is required of us.

Summary: YOU CANNOT claim the blood of Jesus if you are unrepentant! You do not have the right to!
    That is what so many do not understand.

There are books of record in heaven, and the names and deeds of men are registered there to determine the outcome of judgment.

"I beheld," says the prophet Daniel, "till thrones were placed, and One that was Ancient of Days did sit: His raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool; His throne was fiery flames, and the wheels thereof burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him: thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened." Daniel 7:9, 10

Daniel says: "The judgment was set, and the books were opened."

John says: "Another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." Revelation 20:12.

There is the BOOK OF LIFE which has all the names of those who have ever claimed to follow God.
    Jesus said: "Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

Luke 10:20. Paul even said, "whose names are in the book of life." Philippians 4:3.

Revelation 21:27 says that the ONLY ones who enter the gates of heaven are those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of Life.

Daniel said God’s people would be delivered "everyone that shall be found written in the book." Dan:12:1

"For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:14

"Behold, it is written before Me, . . . your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the Lord." Isaiah 65:6, 7.

God "will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts." I Corinthians 4:5.

Jesus said: "By thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matthew 12:36, 37

James: "So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

James ALSO talks about those who in the judgment are "accounted worthy" will have a part in the resurrection of the just.

"Whosoever hath sinned against Me, him will I blot out of My book." Exodus 32:33.

Jesus: "they that have done good" shall come forth "unto the resurrection of life." John 5:29.

Jesus: "They which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, . . . are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection." Luke 20:35, 36.

Ezekiel: "When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, . . . all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned." Ezekiel 18:24.

ONLY those who have repented of sin and who by faith claim the blood of Christ, AND become actual partakers of the righteousness of Christ will have their sins blotted out!

Jesus: "He that OVERCOMETH, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels." Revelation 3:5

Isaiah: "I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins." Isaiah 43:25.

"Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:32, 33.

Ti:1:16: They profess that they know God; BUT IN WORKS THEY DENY HIM him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Rv:20:12: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rv:20:13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

You absolutely MUST repent and forsake your sins!!

When Jesus comes, NO MORE CHANCE!! Its OVER!!
    "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man ACCORDING TO HIS WORK shall be." Revelation 22:11, 12.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Claudia if man has to repent of his sins and forsake his sins to be saved for eternity then can you explain these two verses to me:

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Acts 16:30-31 - and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Eternal salvation has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with ourselves. If I repent of my sins then I have something to boast in regarding my salvation. That is a direct violation of Ephesians 2:8-9.

Again context is king. Everything must be in context. If the context of the verse is works it CAN NOT be talking about eternal salvation.

If it is then once again we have a clear contradiction of Scripture. So either we are misunderstanding Scripture or God has contradicted Himself. We know the second is an impossibility, so the first must be the case.

I don't know how you can look at two clear Scriptures on salvation, that clearly show us that no works are invovled and only faith is involved and come away with the notion that man must work for his salvation.

That just puzzles me to know end. How can it be any more plain?

3. gekko

gekko New Member

J.Jump said "If I repent of my sins then I have something to boast in regarding my salvation."

we do boast in the cross. no? (somebody please find that verse...)

hey J.Jump - what's the scripture mean when it says that Matthew 12:36 - But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

do you absolutely believe that you can go to heaven without repentance?

4. gekko

gekko New Member

everybody look busy! Jesus is coming!

(something i heard the other day)

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

bosting in the cross is boasting in Christ's works not your own. Repentence is a change of your mind. So therefore repenting of sin would be a violation of Ephesians 2:8-9 if tied to eternal salvation.

Gekko does is say anything about repentence in Ephesians 2:8-9 or Acts 16:30-31? If the answer is no then the answer to your question is yes if you mean going to heaven as eternal salvation.

6. gekko

gekko New Member

so lets all go to heaven as sinful people.

not gonna happen JJ. not gonna happen.

7. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Kinda of useless to be saved and have no kingdom to go to?

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The Greek for They which do such things comes out to those that habitually do such things...

Not a one time slip-up. But, a lifestyle choice...

An active rebellion, if you will, against the Holy Spirit...

SMM

8. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

SpiritualMadMan,

Amen. well saying. [​IMG]

By the way, I rather word, 'mad' removed from your username, chnage to 'SpiritualMan' as humble, not being to be strife.

I do not mean to rude or offend you. [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Gekko you've missed it. You see there is a 1,000-year period between eternity (what you call heaven) and what we are living in now.

Eternal salvation for us at least is determined during this lifetime. And we can either have a positive experience in the coming age (1,000-year period) or we can have a not so positive experience.

But once eternity hits you are exactly right there will be no sin in eternity. But you are trying to go directly from this life to eternity and are bypassing 1,000 years of existence.

There will be believers (saved) people that are getting the discipline in that time period that they were supposed to get in this life time, but chose not to get.

When that period is over they will "get" it and will step into eternity with the right attitude, but they don't lose their eternal salvation.

Does that help?

10. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Actually the 'mad' is my initials...

I try to be 'Spiritual'

I am M.A.D.

and I am a man...

Viola! SpiritualMadMan

Oh course I have had my ired up 'mad' days here as well... [​IMG]

SMM

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Sure, I can explain it... its easy. Just like if one day your Mother tells you that she loves you, the next day she tells you that you are forgiven for something and the next day she tells you that you need to follow the rules of the house.

You have to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time.

The Bible says we are saved by grace and it also says we need to keep the commandments.

Its not all that complicated!

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Claudia you didn't answer my question. You dodged the question and put your spin on it like the best politican would.

The question is how do you get Ephesians 2:8-9, which clearly says salvation is by grace through faith not of works to jive with commandment keeping with is all about works.

Can you not see that is a plain contradiction?

13. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

It's hard to want to answer your questions when you insult me that way.

14. gekko

gekko New Member

J.Jump said "commandment keeping with is all about works."

the law is spiritual. as is salvation. the law is written on our hearts. the conscience testifies. so - keeping the law spiritually - is that works? if so, is accepting Christ also a work?

see, God has given us this law. Jesus came to die for our sins and because we could not fulfill the law - so Christ fulfilled it for us. we broke the law - Jesus paid the fine.

since the law is spiritual - its not about works - its about righteousness according to the standard of God. is righteousness a work?

15. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Claudia my apolgies for insulting you. That's not the way that statement was intended.

The law is spiritual...hmmm...thou shalt not murder...thou shalt not commit adultery...thou shalt not lie...thou shalt honor thy father and mother...thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself...thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife...

Correct me if I'm wrong but that sure sounds physical to me. Now granted the spirit of the law does go deeper than the physical letter, but obedience is all about you and what you do. That is a work no matter how you want to twist it.

Can you provide Scripture that says the law is spiritual only and is not considered a work? Can you provide Scripture that says the law is written on our hearts. Can you give Scripture that says keeping the law is spiritual and not a work?

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Havent you read the book of Romans and Galatians?

17. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Rom:7:14: For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

You are to keep the Law out of love for God

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Claudia I will look into the verse that you have given to see what the context is. But you have been saying that we have to keep the law so we can be saved. Which is it? Keept the law for salvation or keep the law because we love God.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Romans, chapter 8
    "3": For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

"4": That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

"5": For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

"6": For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

20. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Ro 7:14 ¶ For we know that the law is spiritual: