1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's My Birthday in Jesus....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 29, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On Christmas Eve, I will celebrate my 46th birthday as a born-again believer. I am truly blessed and humbled to tell you that, "In Christ alone is my hope, my light, my strength, and my song..."

Thank you Jesus, for coming into my heart and saving my life! Thank you Father for entering my name, in the Lamb's Book of Life, using His shed blood as the eternal, everlasting ink! (Revelations 21:27).

Christmas has never been more special since Jesus came into my heart! :applause:

Please feel free to share about the day you came to Him...... :type:

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Happy birthday, my brother! It will be 35 years for me next year if Jesus doesn't come back.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

July 27, 1977 is my "New Birth" day!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I got you beat by a month, mine is the June 19th!

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First Monday in May 1963 (whats that 48 years?)

Each year when I went to Bible camp, the counselor would ask when I was born again. I would always say yes - but I just didn't remember when . At Camp Bayouca in 1963, I joyfully was able to answer "Ten weeks ago! I accepted Christ as my Saviour!"

Pastor Merlin Schultz was preaching on a Sun PM, and challenged us to honestly considered if we had actually had ever been saved. I went home that evening and thought about it all night. The next morning, I sought out my dad and he led me to the Lord.

PS - that year a Camp, I was crowned "King" which entitled me to a free week at Bayouca the following year.

6. beameup

beameup Member

49 years this November

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Happy birthday!

Mine is March 2, 1969.

8. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

Guess I am the "youngster" so far. I was saved September 21, 1993. That makes 18 years!! Just keeps getting better. This is one area that I do NOT mind getting older in!

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation Truly Is...

....the gift that keeps on giving! It does get sweeter by and by!

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Happy birthday in Christ!!!

I will be 39 sometime in January (I don't remember the exact date but it was about the third week - I was only 7 so that is why I don't remember the exact date! LOL). Hey! Maybe I can use that for my REAL age!!

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go Ahead, and I'll Follow Your Lead!

Neat idea....let me know if it works, as I've been thinking of doing the same. It trims 20 years off my 65 years on earth, and all of those on line tests that test our actually age (mentally/emotionally) I always come out under 40. I can pass for 46, emotionally and mentally, but physically is another problem! :smilewinkgrin:

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday!

I will be 38 years in Christ 12 February 2012.

13. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I've kicked myself in the head many times over this.

I know that my new birth birthday was in February of 1982.

But for some crazy reason I didnt make note of the day!

I wish I would have.

#13 Alive in Christ, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
  14. markthebaptist

markthebaptist New Member

It was Thursday night soul-winning before Easter Sunday 1983..sitting at an old beat up kitchen table...my soon to be Pastor took me down the Romans Road..never looked back...congrats to the thread starter..what a great testimony..BTW...it appears that I am the baby brother of this thread..so far anyway..

15. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I have always thought that the Lord saved me in August of 1947.

In 2010, while on a trip in my home town, I drove out to North Jackson (TN) Baptist Church. I asked the church secretary is there was any possibility that there might be a written record of my baptism. She went to file cabinet and pulled out an old ledge, leafed through the pages, and said, "Here it is!"

There, it listed my baptism date as April 25, 1947, not August. There was also a note about my sister's baptism a couple of years later. And something I did not remember. The ledger showed that on the same day I was baptized, my mother joined that church by letter. Up to that point, she had not been active in church and my father was not saved. But when she came back to the Lord, she came all the way back. My dad was saved a couple of years later, and after a while became my Sunday School teacher.

The church secretary photo-copied that page for me. You talk about precious memories. How they linger. How they ever flood my soul.

#15 Tom Butler, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011