1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Its NHL playoff time!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Apr 7, 2008.

1. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will still root for anybody but Detroit. :tongue3:

Besides, I was watching the Nuggets beat the Warriors last night. I will watch my Avs tonight in game 2. And I am still going to Denver to BE AT GAME 3. :thumbs: Section 124 row 5 - right behind the official's box.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

It was a good game. But if Nashville had gotten bad goaltending the score would be lopsided.

Also, as usuall the RedWings blue line was great. Detroit did a good job taking the Preds best offensive threats out of the game.

Lets Go Wings!

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A dominating win by the Stars last night over the Ducks.

GO STARS!!!!

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If Detroit had gotten bad goaltending, the score would've been lopsided in Nashville's favor :thumbs:

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

And yet again the Motorcity shows the Music City how to play hockey.
    A good game. Nashville came on strong in the second period, but seemed to run out of steam in the thrid.

Nice win by the Wild the other night too. Its always fun to watch Colorado loose!

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Nichol's injury hurt the Preds. No help from the striped ones this time! Now it's on to Smashville where the CCCP sweater-wannabees have had some good success this year.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Lol. CCCP Sweater wannabes!

The only thing that can save Trashville now is if the Wings get a does of bad luck and blown calls by the refs.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another dominating win by the Stars over the defending Stanley Cup champions last night. If the Stars win 2 out of 3 potential home games they can win a first round series for the first time in a while even if they don't win at Anaheim again.

9. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    singing the country special this morning at church, then getting ready all afternoon to make the 7 hour drive to Denver...

Game 3 at the Pepsi Center Monday night!!! :thumbs:

GO AVS!!!

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well...that sure hurt the Preds in games 1 & 2!

Don't look now, but the Preds outshoot the Red Wings (doesn't happen often) and the Preds beat the Red Wings 5-3. It's now 2-1, and game 4 coming up in Smashville on Wed night in a very loud Sommet Center. If the Preds can manage to take this back to Hockeytown all even, this could get very interesting.

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Nashville did not get bad luck in games one and 2. Some of there goals were lucky bounces which is common in the playoffs.

it was a nice win last night, but Nashville still has there back to the door. They struggled hard to pull of that win. For most of the periods of this series they have been out-skated and out-preformed in all departments by the Wings. I expected the Preds to win game 3. I doubt they will will win anymore. This Wings team is the most motivated I have seen in the past few years.

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, the blown offside call that led to a goal a few secs later in gm 1 and the bad call on the Nashville goal that was disallowed, followed by a DET goal in the crease....well, let's just agree to disagree. Even ESPN has commented at the breaks Det has gotten on a silver spoon. But that's life.

Tomorrow night is huge. We go back to Joe Louis all square, and it's anybody's series. NSH drops game four and Det can go ahead and get ready for the conf semis. Nashville could really use Legwand (although just his presence is good for the team) on the ice in a contributing capacity. Missing, what, fifteen games, didn't help, even though they did win five of their last six (and the sixth was the "thrown" game to draw the Wings). It's all going to depend on what Ellis does between the pipes, and if Mason has to spell him. If NSH can continue to get shots on the net, this could go to the 3rd pd of a game 7 easily.

Tomorrow night tells us all what we need to know....

13. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being at a playoff game is the next level...so much energy, so much to take in, such a wild crowd....it was great!! Each goalie took 75 shots on goal on Monday night. And when we scored, 18000 happy fans waving white poms....(I saw exactly 3 Wild jerseys for as many sections as I could see)

Our seats were directly behind the Avs penalty box, 5 rows up. And I had a sign that said "Avalanche win with Attitude and Altitude". Anybody see me? :wavey: I had a blast!

Course, they lost that one in OT, it was quite the stunned feeling. Then we drove back from Denver, and watched the routing last night. So we are even now as we head back to Minnesota.

Go AVS!!!!

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

A very raucous Sommet Center watched the Preds even the series with a 3-2 win over DET. It's now best of three as we go back to Joe Louis. Ellis stopped 39 shots for NSH. No bad luck, no blown calls against Det, 4His. Just a lot of shots on net and good play between the pipes for NSH. The momentum has clearly swung away from the red sweaters. Game five will be pivotal.

15. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Lets go Preds

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I do not think the momentum has changed at all. The preds last two goals were lucky. Frankly I am surprised that they won last night. The only reason for it is that Detroit let their guard down towards the end of the game.

Guess I was off by one game. Detroit in six barring a break down in goal tending.

17. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Huh? Newsflash: When you lose 2 games in a row in the playoffs, the momentum has changed. There is no way you go from being a few minutes away from being up 3-0 to now being 2-2 without the momentum changing.

:laugh: Yeah, that's right, no need at all to give Nashville any credit at all. It was all luck, smoke and mirrors, you know the routine :rolleyes:

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I keep small company, apparently :laugh:

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

So, when things happen that favor Detroit, it's not luck, but when things happen that favor Nashville, it's luck. Is that how it works?

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You got it, CCRob and Pastor SBC

Well, a heart-breaker tonight. Det 2, NSH 1 in OT. NSH tied it with around 42 seconds left in regulation, but a key turnover early in the 1st OT at center ice led to a breakaway, and Dan Ellis could not stop the backhanded flip. He faced, what, 56 shots and stopped 54? NSH should not have been in the game. Det out shot and had many more scoring chances than NSH, yet Ellis and the rest of the Preds clamped down on D, but mustered only a couple dozen shots but out hit the Wings. I hope our boys take away what they should - that they are playing with this team skate for skate, even when they are playing their worst. A loud 17,716 will be waiting Sunday to help the Preds send this back to Det for a game 7. I look forward to Sunday's game. Hats off to Det for getting pucks on net. Hats off to NSH for staying in this and fighting every second. Hats off to Dan Ellis, essentially a Stanley Cup rookie.