1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Its NHL playoff time!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Apr 7, 2008.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yeah, he is sick of seeing black rubber discs fly at him all night!

Seriously though he was supposed to be healthy last night. I don´t see how he can get the start for game three. Budaj has done well.

Go Wings!

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    whatever...you and your plastic octopus.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Gotta love the Detroit and Colorado teams/fans bickering.

Is there a way they can both lose this series? :saint::D

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't blame Romo. The Cowboys' offensive line fell apart in the second half against the Giants.

By the way, I was born and reared in Texas. I hope your first comment isn't aimed at me. :laugh:

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the Stars just did to San Jose what they did to Anaheim - take both of the opening games on their opponent's home ice. They crushed the Sharks in the third period. The Stars are now 4-1 on the road in the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs.

GO STARS!!!!

6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I usually stay out of it unless someone insults my team for no reason.

:tongue3:

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The AVs exist as a team and that is reason enough to insult them.:D

I am hoping for a Wings/ Rangers Cup finals. It would be great to have two original six teams playing. But New York has their hands full with the Penguins right now.

Nice win by Dallas again. I think a Detroit vs. Dallas would be a great conference finals. I have a lot of respect for the Stars. I actually fear Dallas more than the Sharks.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I fear the Red Wings more than the Avalanche.

Tippett had a great game plan last night. He had 7 defensement and only 11 forwards(only 3 centers). That way either Robeiro, Richards, or Modano was on the ice at all times. There was no rest for the Sharks' defense.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Very much like the Dead Things and every other Detroit team. :wavey: :D

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I heard an interesting stat on the radio this am - the Stars are the first team in the history of the NHL to go 4-0 on the road in the first two rounds of the NHL playoffs. Turco is great and the Richards midseason trade is paying off big time. Richards had 4 points in the 3rd period!! He outscored Jason Kidd for the Mavs!

I am thankful that Dallas has at least one team perfoming well in the playoffs!!! The Mavs are killing me.

11. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN! I so agree.

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well Ken, its shaping up to be a Wings vs. Stars finals. I think that is just great. Should be good hockey and could easily go 7 games. If any team is to beat Detroit I would rather it be the Stars. I have always have had a lot of respect for them. (and Modano is a Michigan man!)

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well the way the Avs played again it looks like they will not exist in the playoffs for much longer.:D

I really expected Colorado to win tonight, though I do not complain about the result! I hope you guys stick with Jose in the net. He has been great for the Wings.

Franzen again gets a goal. This guy has just been amazing.

14. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jose had the flu for the first 2 games.

And the Sports announcers said NO goalie could've stopped those two goals that Datsyuk and the other goon (what is his name, Fetterberg?) put together. So I don't blame Jose at all.

Learn your hockey and come back and talk to me.

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I know he did. But still that is no excuse. He should not have started if he was that bad off. I don´t blame him either. He just was not playing skillfully enough to stop Detroit´s talented forwards.

I know hockey pretty well. I have been a fan since I was a kid and I grew up in Hockeytown. In my neighborhood we played and watched a lot of hockey.

16. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The brooms will be out at the AAC in Dallas tonight!

Dallas and Detroit should make for a fun western conf final!

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure that the Red Wings would be heavily favored. However, those youngsters on the Stars keep on coming! I don't think they understand that they are in the biggest setting of their young lives - the Stanley Cup playoffs. :)

GO STARS!!!!

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The key for Dallas if they play Detroit will be if Turco gets over his Joe Louis Arena hex. He has never played well in Detroit. Especially considering that the Wings offense is a step above the Sharks.
    You would think that would be the case but I keep seeing articles in the sports media with statements like "the suddenly powerful Detroit Red Wings". I fail to see how winning a sixth Presidents trophy and making the playoffs for a record setting 17th straight year can be achieved if they have not been powerful.

19. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

We had to let the sharks win one, I guess. A sweep would have been nice, oh well!

I think the Stars are the best story in the NHL right now, but no one seems to notice them with the Wings and Pens doing so well.

Last night was a great game.

20. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Stars lose last night - Zubov has ANOTHER turnover that leads to a short handed goal.

This morning on my favorite sports talk show (the musers on the ticket in dallas - all local no sindication) Darrell "Razor" Ray the stars color man - and rivals David Feherrty as the funniest sports commentators on the planet said - Turnovers are like exwives, the more you have the more it costs you! - just about fell off my chair!!