1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Its NHL playoff time!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Apr 7, 2008.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Really? Don't seem to be working out that way.

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    for a Pastor, you sure are sarcastic.

3. PastorSBC1303

There was nothing sarcastic about my post at all. The reality is your team got whooped and its too bad too because I was sure hoping yall would take out the Dead Wings.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well its very obvious the the AVs/Wings rivalry is as dead as the AVs themselves. An 8 goal shellacking. Ouch!

And Franzen... Who is this guy? Another hat trick! He scored more goals in this series than the entire AVs team.

The Wings are playing with an energy and determination that I have not seen in several years. They have to be the clear favorites to win the Cup now. Though I still fear Dallas. They look good.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Looks like it's time to start preparing for a Dead Things victory parade. They're going to win the Stanley Cup this year.

PS. The above isn't a reverse-jinx either.

As far as you know. :smilewinkgrin:

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Dead Things? Please. They only thing that I know is dead is the AV´s season!

7. PastorSBC1303

Now you know that even if the Dead things win the cup, they will forever and always be the Dead Things :)

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

They'll always be the Dead Things to me. Just like the Liedowns will always be the Liedowns. :wavey:

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looking at it objectively I think one has to expect the Red Wings to to sweep the Stars in the Western Conference finals. Maybe Turco can wear his old Michigan uniform when they play in the Joe Louis Arena. :)

Besides, after the first round the Stars are playing with the house's money.

Looks like the Stars will finish off the Sharks on Sunday night at home in game six just like they did the Ducks in the first round.

The Stars were clearly cheated out of winning tonight's game 3-2 in regulation by the video review "official" (it isn't even debatable). It is just another example of why the NHL has the least credibility of the four major sports. A lot of the official decisions belong more in pro 'rassling than in what is supposed to be a credible sport.

10. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

GO RED WINGS!!!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I was surprised that Dallas lost. They should get it done though- San Jose is overrated and has been for a while.

I don´t think the Wings can sweep Dallas. The Stars look like a pretty determined bunch. Again the key is Turco. I don´t know why he has such a poor track record against Detroit. Maybe its because he played for MI and the nerves get to him playing in Detroit.

12. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yea, sure....dead things on the ice.....

:laugh:

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well they were very much alive against Colorado now were they not!

And hey at least they are still skating on the ice unlike like that junior hockey club from the mountains. :laugh:

14. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Hmmm. since ALL the commentators I read were saying it was due to the number of injuries for the Avs as we faced a very HEALTHY deadwing club, I won't buy the insults you are laying out.

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The Avs were healthy in the regular season and the Wings owned them. Plus the commentators have a very clear bias against Detroit. Almost every article you read is- "the surprising powerful Red Wings" or the "Red Wings were lucky". Finally some of them are starting to come around that this team is incredibly good and many have finally acknowledged that they were just flat out more talented than the AVs healthy or not.

Your an Avs fans- I don´t expect you take the trash talk I lay out on your team. I never would take it either as can be seen numerous times on this board.:laugh:

Seriously though I mean it all in good fun and if you are offended in any way whatsoever I apologize.

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Here we go again with the anti-Detroit bias. :rolleyes:

Aww, the poor Detroit Dead Things. Nobody likes them, everybody hates them. Hey, pass the worms. Where's that smiley playing the violin when I need it? :laugh:

BTW, if anybody that posts in the Sports threads can't take a little razzing about their team, then I have to question why they're in here. Getting your chops busted for the team you like, and cracking on everybody else for their team is part of the fun of being a sports fan. Especially when you're a fan of the Bears and you have the Liedowns readily available. :thumbs:

17. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    let's see, take the word of a dedicated deadwing maniac over the word of a number of unbiased sports reporters who played on other teams before retiring to sports announcing? ...........nope.

Don't worry. this is all in fun. We all know that hockey doesn't amount to a hill of beans when we get into a discussion on things that matter like leading someone to the saving Grace of Jesus Christ.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and I have permission to cut and paste this here...Avs were more hurt than we knew. Detroit was playing a gravely injured team. So whoever plays them and is healthy can WHUP them! ​

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
    How bad was the Avalanche's injury situation by the end of the season Thursday night?​

So bad that two players who were on the ice in the season finale at the Pepsi Center against the Detroit Red Wings were playing on broken feet. Avs vice president Jean Martineau today disclosed that defenseman Scott Hannan and forward Ian Laperriere played with broken bones in their feet.

Also, Paul Stastny tore his medial collateral ligament in Game 3 after a freak collision with Detroit's Pavel Datsyuk. That injury would have kept Stastny sidelined about four weeks, but Stastny is expected to make a full recovery.​

And, Avs winger Wojtek Wolski suffered five cracked ribs in Game 1, after another freak collision with Johan Franzen - after Franzen had been leveled on a hip check from Ruslan Salei.​

Peter Forsberg, who sat out again in Game 4 and said after the game an MRI on Wednesday revealed tears in both groins. Forsberg, 34, ended up playing 16 games, including seven in the playoffs, after re-signing with the Avs on Feb. 25, with the understanding he'd play when his chronically bad ankle allowed.​

In all, the Avs played without five of their top seven forwards for much of the series.​

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, in something like the 10th longest game in Stanley Cup playoff history the Stars' captain - Brendan Morrow - finished off the Sharks in the 4th overtime period at about 1:25 a.m. CDT this morning.

Wow! The Stars were already playing with the house's money after making it past the first round. Now, they are really playing big time with the house's money.

The Red Wings will be heavily, heavily, heavily, heavily favored in the Western Conference finals. But that's okay. I am mighty proud of the Stars for making it this far for the first time in several years and for putting hockey back on the sports map in Big D.

And, who knows, if the Stars get a few good bounces and the Red Wings make a bunch of boo-boo's it could get interesting.

Good night everybody!

GO STARS!!!!