1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's Still The Word Of God ...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Mar 23, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I agree

I agree with all scripture and I also agree with God wants all men to be saved all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. I will not change one scripture

Turning to Him, accepting Him is life from the dead.

All the scripture in the past that shows God destroying people that are all ready dead is showing us today if we do not repent in the same way they died we will die.

Luke 13
    Repent or Perish
    1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Our God is a just God those people before the cross who cares what happened to thier body, God will deal with thier souls justly. I am not to worry about things I cannot change, but to know our God will deal with them justly.

I am concerned about now. Reading the past shows election was never a guarentee for salvation, because of those chosen being cut out for unbelief. It also shows that we are not to be arrogant for if God didn't spare these natural branches He will not spare us either for if we do not continue in His kindness we will be cut out to. The only sure thing found in scripture for salvation is by believing in Jesus and that this faith without deeds is dead.

James 3:1
    Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

#41 psalms109:31, Nov 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2007
  2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

You give me more credit than I deserve. I have no idea what he's trying to say. His posts read to me like random assortments of pseudo-religious thoughts. They used to read more like Hallmark cards, and I've long since given up trying to make sense of them.

3. psalms109:31

Hello

James 1:
    16Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. 17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
    Listening and Doing
    19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

We do need to know the destruction of man from the result of sin, but we learn this to know that God is using it to bring us to repentance, not to say that He doesn't love the world that He sent His Son as the word of God say's.

And have to sit here and tell you that God wants all men to be saved and come to the truth and not have to tell you we are not lying. We need to believe the word of God and not lean on our own understanding here is the scripture again that is being used by Jesus to defend what i'm saying.

Luke 13
    Repent or Perish
    1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

#43 psalms109:31, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah , Npet . Ps.'s posts seem to be rather random slices of odds&eds .

This is from Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary ( Tenth Edition ) : Random 1a:lacking a definite plan , purpose , or pattern .

In the synonym section : RANDOM stresses lack of definite aim , fixed goal , or regular procedure < a random selection of books > .

All Bible verses are appreciated of course ( though they seem to be unrelated to anything on the threads he posts upon ) . Yet the thoughts which he intersperses between passages are disordered with no specific objective .

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Okay Psalm, I'm going to try to respond to your post. But first, let me say that I challenged you to offer an exegesis of the verses that were posted by Rippon, and you brushed that off.

You said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "already dead", but otherwise I agree - we should be sufficiently warned by the descriptions of the wrath of God in the OT to make us repent - but it doesn't work on everybody, does it?
    Luke 13
    Jesus teaches them that all have sinned, including the Pharisees. Yes, they should repent or perish.
    Before the cross? I take it that you intend to say the God was a God of wrath before the cross and a God of love after the cross. At least I've heard it put that way many times. If that is so, how do you explain these verses which describe God AFTER the cross: "the smoke of their torment ascended up day and night forever"; or "For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"
    I am too brother.
    I assume you speak of national Israel here. While the nation was "elect", only believing individuals inherit the promises.

"Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded"

"Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

Very good, but please let me add: Those that are "in Christ", He will in no wise cast out. But those gentiles that PRESUME to be saved by virtue of NOT being a Jew should fear, and examine themselves, whether they are in the faith, for their natural birth does not gaurantee their election to salvation any more than it did for Jews.
    So true. I take that as a word of caution, and I will offer a word of caution in return:

"For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

I pray that you will continue to study the word and receive light.

#45 J.D., Nov 11, 2007
  6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How astounding that a God Who is so righteous, holy, and just and Who hates sin so much would offer me the free gift of salvation.

I'll leave the rest up to Him, my perfectly loving Abba.

7. psalms109:31

Wise and learned

I know you see the blinded, but here is why God blinded them and did not chose them. It is not because God did not love them.

Matthew 11:25
    At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

Here is the people that God said He will keep.

Zephaniah 3:12
    But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.

God doesn't change He is still going to going to destroy the wicked, but now through Jesus the world has a hope. God loved the world that He sent His Son that whosoever believes shall be saved. God is just those before the cross God would go to the depths of hell to save them. Where did Jesus go for three days and three night, we will not know untill we get to heaven

We are the messengers of this hope.

I will never invest in election for salvation it wouldn't be wise.

Romans11:
    17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

This is what I will invest in.

Psalm 22:5
    They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

Romans 10:11
    As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

I am a simple man, not to elegant in speach. If I trusted in election I would fear everyday that God would just cut me out. There was never any guarentee for the Jews and there is not for anyone else that trust in that.

I do know that God chose the meek and the humble who trust in the name of the Lord and Jesus will in no wise cast them out. So now I live in no fear.

#47 psalms109:31, Nov 11, 2007
  8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of the thread, but I've come to expect that from you. I wonder if you even know what this thread is about. Regardless...

Quite the contrary. God gives many rock-solid guarantees. The "election" guarantee is that, "All the Father gives me will come to me". It has nothing whatsoever to do with the fickle heart of man, or man's ability to have faith. It's all God. What greater assurance can anyone have than the guarantee that if you are given to Jesus, you WILL come to Him? Not "may come to Him if you so choose", or "may come to Him if you can have and maintain faith". WILL come to Him.

Give me God's guarantee, not man's feeble ability to "decide", as a source of security any day.

9. psalms109:31

responding

I was respondingto J.D., but you are still not hearing who the Father has given to Jesus the meek and the humble who trust in the name of the Lord.

Zephaniah 3:12
    But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.

Election you can and will be cut out for unbelief, but the meek and the humble who trust in the name of the Lord will never be cut out.

#49 psalms109:31, Nov 11, 2007
  10. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

LOL
    And I thought it was just me!

11. psalms109:31

messenger

2 Chronicles 36:16
    But they mocked God's messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the LORD was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.

I can let my way explaining to people things stop me from doing what God has called me to do or go do it. You can make fun of me, but I can't stop what called has called me to tell you.

That He blinded people that are wise and learned and revealed thing to children and that He chose to keep the meek and humble who trust in the name of the Lord and that God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

I gave you scripture, if you do not believe me I hope you believe His word.

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

So, what you're saying is that He blinded some people because He wants everyone to be saved.

13. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you notice this verse that I posted?
    "Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded"

That comes from Romans 11:7. Look it up and read the context. Think about it.

If there is an "election" that has obtained the blessings of God, don't you want to be part of that election? UNBELIEVING Israel was cut off, not the believing remnant - elect of grace.

As for humility, there is a false humility to be aware of: Collosians 2:23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

And those that have the virtue of humility, how do they differ from those that don't have it: 1 Cor 4:7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

14. psalms109:31

scriptuture

God has (blinded) Hidden the truth the the wise and learned and revealed it to little children.

God is going to keep the meek and the humble who trust in the name of the Lord, these is His elect.

WE are saved by grace through faith. The grace is that we don't have to pay the price of our sin which is death, but it doesn't take away faith.

This faith is given to us by God through His word. We can walk away from it just like the young rich ruler or accept it. It is our choice.

To believe and be saved or not and be condemned.

The only way you can work and pay your debt is to die, but that is not salvation but death. So you are going to have to trust in Jesus.

Any man who says trusting in Jesus is work for our salvation is a liar and the truth is not in them, because the work for our sin is death. So you are saved by grace through faith which didn't come from your self, but from the word of God.

Romans 10:17
    Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

So I will boast in Jesus my salvation, because I can't save myself. Only Jesus can

#54 psalms109:31, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ps. :" The only way you can work and pay your debt is to die ..." . No , that does not pay your sin debt Mr. Ps. The second death -- eternal death is the lot of those outside of Christ . No one can pay for their sins . The end-result of sin is death -- but it does not satisfy God's wrath .

16. psalms109:31

wages of Sin is death

The wages of our sin is death, eternal death ware the worm dies not. Chained in darkness forever where the fires of hell cannot stuff out the darkness.

The wrath of God was satisfied on the cross. Jesus was not only the sacrificing Lamb, but also the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

God word tells us the only ones who will be saved from the condemnation is thaose who believe in Jesus and this belief will be shown by what they do.

Do not let these men scare you. You just trust in Jesus and you will not be dissappointed.

I'm not the one who has made that promise, but God did.