1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's the Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 7, 2007.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Go Yankees, hanging in there by the skin of their teeth!

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I would count on them yet. This team has choked a lot this year. I thought my Tigers were chokers, but the Yankees take it to a whole 'nother level.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Don't believe the hype about these Yankees. They feast on bad-to-mediocre pitching, ala Jake Westbrook in Game 3 and Paul Byrd in Game 4. The great thing about baseball is that just about nobody will give Byrd a chance in Game 4 tonight, and he'll probably shut them out.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Theeeeeeee Yankees lose...theeeeeeeee Yankees lose.

Good riddance! :D

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Always good to see the Yankees lose!

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I'm sad. I hate to see Joe Torre get the boot, but I suspect he'll be gone now.

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Rockies fan, but I don't want to see Joe T get fired either. He is a wonderful manager.

Debbie Mc

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

In addition to Torre, the other major thing for the Yankees to deal with is what's going to happen with Alex Rodriguez. He didn't leave Yankee Stadium after game 4 like I thought he would, with his middle finger held high, but is there any chance he re-signs with the Yanks?

He's been attacked mercilessly for 3 years by the fans and media, and that after winning the AL MVP in '05 and likely winning the MVP again in '07. Without A-Rod, I don't see how the Yankees even make it to the postseason. What do y'all think? Does he stay in New York, or does he make like a tree and get out of there?

I think he leaves and signs with either the Dodgers or Angels for a bazillion dollars a year. If it's the Dodgers, imagine how much gaudier his stats will be when he bats against National League pitching.

9. PastorSBC1303

There are plenty of rumors that the Cubs may make a play for A-Rod too. I don't really see that happening, but he is pretty close with Pinella from their days in Seattle. Can you imagine A-Rod hitting at Wrigley?

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Maybe you can answer this question better than I can, Pastor. Do the Cubs have the $$ to afford A-Rod? He should break the HR record even quicker if he gets to play 81 games at Wrigley.

11. PastorSBC1303

It all depends on the new ownership. The big rumor going around now is that Mark Cuban wants to buy the Cubs, but I do not see the other owners in baseball ever letting that happen. If somehow Cuban did get the Cubs, I could easily see A-Rod with the Cubs.

Could they afford him? Yes.

Will they get him? Probably not, IMO.

No doubt playing 81 games at Wrigley would def increase his homerun total in a hurry!

12. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

maybe i need to start cheering for him to go to Chicago then to beat the record with an * next to it. :thumbs: