1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured It's What You Do

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I truly enjoy your God-exhalting posts my Brother. Even if you nailed me with the Star Wars post. I am a Star Wars buff. :eek: o_O

2. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words, brother SG.
    The original Star Wars blew me away. I lost interest a few episodes later.
    May the grace of God be with you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure what you think you are proving by this.

Matthew 5:1-2. When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying.....'

There is a clear distinction here between the crowds and the disciples. As it reads, it seems possible that the Lord Jesus went up onto the mountain to avoid the crowds and teach His disciples. Whether one reads it that way or not, 'them' obviously refers to the 'disciples.' Otherwise there was no purpose in mentioning them. And if they were disciples they were not first-time hearers.

Furthermore, we know that our Lord spoke to the crowds in parables (Matt. 13:1-3; Mark 4:1-2). 'But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples' (Mark 4:34).

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is straining out gnats and swallowing camels. Does not everyone who is saved hear the Shepherds voice either in the preaching or the reading of the word? Did the whole meaning of John 10:16 die when our Lord ascended to heaven? John 12:32. "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself." This refers to His lifting up on the cross (v.33), but it is He who will draw people to Himself all through the Christian era through the preaching of His word.

No. He signified that He had other sheep not of that fold that would follow His voice. They had not yet heard it, but when they did they would follow it.
    No. This is exactly wrong. Those who do not follow His voice are not His sheep (John 10:26). The 'other' sheep are those who have not yet heard His voice, but when they do hear it, they will obey it, thus proving that they are the Lord's sheep (v.27).

For the rest of your post, 1 Cor. 3:11. 'For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.' The foundation of the Christian faith is Christ, crucified, risen, ascended, and Him alone. I think it is clear from Gal. 1:6-9, that to make the foundation Christ plus anything, whether it be the O.T. law or baptism or the mass or the Virgin Mary or good works or speaking in 'tongues' or anything else, it is a false Gospel, and no Gospel at all.

On the other hand, having trusted in Christ alone, having got the right foundation in place, those who build on it with love and good works (Eph. 2:10) are building on it with gold, silver and precious stones, and those who add to it 'tongues' or other pseudo-charismatic stuff, or any other non-Biblical additions are building with wood, hay and straw. Such people, '...will be saved, yet so as through fire.'

That's all I have time for, I'm afraid. I think I have dealt with the main points of your post.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't name them all, but the proof of not applying the Berean approach to scripture is by you ascertaining this of any church;

Does the church worship the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son?

Usually every church has that practice at one time or another.

I am sure that some churches have claimed to use the Berean approach to scripture in proving everything, but this is one that they had missed as it broadens the way in the worship place for seducing spirits to come in with signs and lying wonders. Believers and churches are taking that teaching and practice at face value from the Nicene creed of 381 A.D. without proving it when adopted into their church.

A brother online from India had shared with me how he used to not believe that the Holy Ghost would manifest the gifts so dramatically today as He did back then, and then shared with me his experience of his church honoring the Holy Spirit on the calendar day of Pentecost. While addressing and honoring the Holy Spirit in worship, he experienced something like liquid nitrogen seeping through his skull, and the next thing he knew was that he was confessing an apology against his will to the Holy Spirit.

The Lord has led me to discern from that experience that what came over that believer and entering in him, seeping in his skull, was not the Holy Spirit. Jesus is meek and lowly in heart and hardly a bully for the Spirit of Christ to behave any other way. Plus, God would prefer a genuine apology rather than something uttered against his will.

This happened while honoring the Holy Spirit. In fact, in all of these movement of the "Spirit", the focus is on the Holy Spirit in worship, even addressing the Holy Spirit to come and fall on them so that others may experience these supernatural signs.

So why would God allow that to happen when He is not the author of confusion? Because Jesus meant what He has said that there is only ONE way to come to the Father in anything; and that is by the Son since there are seducing spirits in the world; the spirit of the antichrist whose actual definition is NOT meaning "against Christ" but rather meaning "instead of Christ". That is why the Spirit of Christ will always have that spotlight on the Son in worship and leading us to do the same.

Now if you had missed applying the Berean approach in using the scripture in that regard about reproving the church practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son, don't condemn yourself. Just be thankful that the Lord is using me in pointing that out to you now.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

There are other lines of discernment to ascertain whether a church failed in applying the Berean approach to scripture in proving everything.

Did they have the Promise Keepers program in their church for men?

Did the church led members into making a commitment to follow Christ?

Did the church led members into making a covenant with God?

Did the church led deacons and elders in making any promises when joining?

Does the church permit marrying couples to make their own vows at the marriage ceremonies?

That's the religious bondage side of the iniquity, voiding faith in these latter days.

The spiritual dishonoring of the Son side of the iniquity that can cause one to fall away from the faith in these latter days are; again....

Does the church worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son?

Does the church sing hymnals honoring all Three Persons as the Trinity and even just addressing and honoring the Holy Spirit alone in worship?

Does the church pray that the Father will send the Holy Spirit into the worship place?

Does the church pray for a filling of the Spirit on the already saved believers at any time?

Does the church start off communion with "We come into His Presence today..."?

The important thing is to match our words with His help to mean what we say in line with our faith in Jesus Christ;

is Jesus Christ in us and with us always or not as a testimony that we are saved since believing the gospel when we heard it?

Do we live by faith in Jesus Christ and all His promises to us or not that He will help us to follow Him as our Good Shepherd?

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Matthew 7:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber....7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me....13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

I can see why faith is hard to find when He returns as the Bridegroom. Can you?

If this did not answer your question to your satisfaction, I hope you can see why I can't specifically name them all.

6. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The parable of the sower should answer your questions.

I understand why you disagree with me but since Jesus described that first fold as one that follows His voice, then that is why I had discerned that this other fold are the sheep that did not follow His voice rather than as you put it, as one that never heard Him at all.

Discipleship is separate from salvation. If any one running that race in laying aside every weight & sin is doing it for salvation, they will be sorely disappointed, as in left behind but still saved. Discipleship is not only for the rewards of crowns, but to the obtaining of that eternal glory in Christ Jesus of being received as that vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Marriage Supper in His honor.

And yet any one that defiles the temple of God, God will destroy. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Just as those that did not repent from fornication, will be left behind and judged with physical death.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

There is a casting away for not abiding in Him; John 15:6-7 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Luke 12:46-49 but they are still His; John 6:39 & 2 Timothy 2:19-21

How they are to be received is the question; as Christ the firstfruits or they that be Christ's at His coming as the prodigal son that gave up his first inheritance for wild living will find that he is still son?

Yes, I do thank you for sharing even though you disagree with me and I, you, but hopefully, you and I agree that trusting Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd for abiding in Him and His words as kept in the KJV is how we are living as His disciples to be received by the Bridegroom when He comes.

7. Protestant

Yes, I can see why.

You can’t specifically name them because to do so would require you to actually prove what you assert as infallible truth.

With all due respect, many of your posts are eisegetical in nature.

Your interest in biblical subjects is commendatory.

However, your insistence to teach others rather than learn from others is not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you really believe that, then prove by the scripture that it supports the practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son.

I know that the Holy Spirit is God and of the Triune God, but there is nothing instructing the churches to practice worship in that way.

That was the whole purpose of your inquiry as it was on my reply about Protestant churches not always taking the Berean approach in proving everything by the scripture.

Then you wanted me to name names and quote them and so forth. That is usually a retaliatory response to something no one likes.

So if you want to give a rebuke like that without backing it up, because your ego is bruised for whatever the reason in representing the Protestant churches....

You have yet to prove you have taught me otherwise to claim I do not want to learn from others when you had given me no correction in regards to this topic or any of other line of discernment I have given on how one can ascertain if the Protestant churches are on their toes proving everything by the scripture that is practiced in their churches.

" If " the shoes of iniquity fits, then ask Him for help to take them off. Be a leader in your church to start another reformation with the Berean approach in proving everything.

Here is a site giving scriptural references for the Nicene creed of 381 A.D.

http://www.serfes.org/orthodox/holyscripturereferencestothecreed.htm

"Who together with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, ( Matthew 3:16-17) "

That reference is only about the Father & the Holy Spirit testifying that Jesus is God at Jesus's water baptism by John the Baptist.

That is far far far away from validating the "practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son". We can find a lot of verses about how the Holy Spirit is God, but where is the instruction to practice worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son? It's nowhere.

And it is because God the Father told us how He wants us to come to Him in worship in honoring Him ( John 5:22-23 ) and that is by way of the Son ( John 14:6 ) Whom the Holy Spirit has been sent to lead us to testify ( John 15:26-27 ) and to glorify ( John 16:13-14 ) even in worship ( Philippians 2:5-11 & John 13:31-32 ).

Now if I missed a verse, feel free to correct that site for giving a wrong scriptural reference for the practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son, because Matthew 3:16-17 is not it.

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

9. Protestant

Your pontificating is peeling away that thin veneer of public piety which you so proudly claim.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Protestant

Your pontificating is peeling away that thin veneer of public piety which you so proudly claim.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not going to name names when that is almost like calculating to the last digit of pi. The list is too long, brother. It is all around you in all the Protestant churches.

All I see is that you are not continuing in the progress of this discussion.

That is your choice of avoiding your claim to using the Berean approach to scripture in proving everything taught in the Protestant churches.

If you expect Catholics to even consider doing that to their church, you have to lead by example. You cannot take pride in your Protestant church as an excuse not to Berean proof everything taught in your church if you wish to serve Him in the ministry.

John 15:2 is proof that a fruitful church can be purged by Him so it can bring forth more fruit.

But, if you do not want to do that with Him, that is your choice.

12. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm finally starting to understand you guys. I think the position is simply summed up by this helpful guide:

"HOW TO READ YOUR BIBLE BACKWARDS"
    #1 Don't actually do anything Jesus says to do.
    #2 The Devils method is better and if he said it its probably true.

Bible says:
    James 2
    24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

CautiousNope can't have that....let go BACKWARDS!

24You see that a man is justified by FAITH ALONE and not by WORKS.

Matthew 6
    14“For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

GeekNope can't have that....let go BACKWARDS!
    14“For if your heavenly Father forgives you for your transgressions, You will also forgive others their.

What must I do to be Saved, Jesus?

Jesus says:
    Luke 10
    25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”

Satan says:
    9and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.”

One tells us do the right thing, The other tells us Accept me as Lord and Savior.

The idea that Jesus is in anyway motivated just like Satan is pathetic.

So obviously what Jesus says to do, lets ignore that and just do it the devil's way.

1 John 3
    10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Its OBVIOUS.......Obvious.....

John 8
    44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Devil only lies........so the one time he says anything.....

Genesis 3
    4The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!

Oh well he must be telling the truth........ We are Eternally Secure. ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.

13. Protestant

If you’re Jeb Bush, you renounce the faith of your evangelical family, converting to the damnable Mystery Babylon religion.

You now pledge fidelity, submission and obedience to the Papal Antichrist.

[​IMG]

You now affirm his primacy and infallibility.

You now affirm he is the apostolic successor to St. Peter and Vicar of Jesus Christ.

You now believe in Transubstantiation, the propitiatory sacrifice of the Mass, Purgatory, prayers to the dead saints, the veneration of images and relics, the power of indulgences and seven sacraments.

You now vow never to interpret the Bible privately, but to always accept the teachings and interpretations of the Roman Church.

You now reject all heresies of Rome’s enemy: true Christianity.

Such are the requirements of converts to the Roman Catholic faith according to The Tridentine Profession of Faith.

If you’re Jeb Bush, you show the world how religious and penitent you are by allowing a Roman Catholic priest, using his right hand, to place a visible mark of a cross on your forehead.

[​IMG]

The fact that this mark is a type of the Mark of the Beast makes no difference to you or to untold millions of other deceived Roman Catholics.

If you’re Jeb Bush, you believe you are destined to carry on the rule of the Bush Dynasty.

You believe money is all the power you need to achieve that end.

If you’re Jeb Bush, you squander $150 million and end your campaign in abject failure.

If you’re Jeb Bush, it’s what you do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Protestant

[​IMG]

Christians understand our God is not a God of confusion.

Yet there are preachers of confusion running rampant on this Board.

This confusion is born out of the false teachings of Dispensationalism.

For example, a sincerely confused member wrote:

“Salvation is in fact being born of God, and not one Old Testament Saint was born of God.”

The conclusion one must make is quite obvious: The Old Testament saints were not saved during their lifetime.

Though Abraham was called the ‘Father of the Faithful’ (Galatians 3:7), he was ‘not born of God.’

We must then conclude Abraham was the unsaved father of the faithful unsaved, for Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one (Job 14:4).

Though Abraham saw, with spiritual eyes, the day of Christ, he was ‘not born of God’ (John 8:56).

We must conclude that Jesus was lying when He declared, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3).

Though Abraham was justified by faith (Romans 4), he was ‘not born of God.’

Therefore, having not yet been born of the Spirit he was justified in the flesh.

Yet Paul declares, So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God (Romans 8:8).

Furthermore, Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his (Romans 8:9b).

The arguments are innumerable against the false teaching that OT saints were not regenerated.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him (John 4:23).

Jesus declares there were presently true worshippers of the Father who worshipped Him in spirit and truth, though Christ had not yet been crucified.

The Old Testament saints were also true worshippers, their faith exemplified in Hebrews 11.

Ergo, they worshipped the Father in spirit and truth.

To do so they must have been born of the Spirit…….thousands of years before the crucifixion.

Are you teaching doctrine which denies the regeneration of OT saints?

Then you are teaching and promoting confusion and falsehood.

It’s what you do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. utilyan

Site Supporter

True Christians actually believe what the bible says and what Christ commands.

QUESTION: What shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    LUKE 10

25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”

The TRUE CHRISTIAN Response is 100% Identical to Christ's. It is right there^

False Christian can't say Amen to what Christ says.

Satan's response?

Matthew 4
    8Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; 9and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.”

"ACCEPT ME AS PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE KINGDOM"
    All you have to do is "fall down and worship me"

A FALSE CHRISTIAN Response is 100% Identical to Satan's.

And he has no problem tossing anything Jesus said aside even calling it useless.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If your name is Rand, and you have a seething hatred of Catholics and run around the internet posting contrived nonsense about the Catholic Church (often outright lies as seen in your 'signature' on the BB) you spend a lot of time looking for applause from other rabid anti-Catholic commentators. It's what you do!

17. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh man!! This is soooo good!! Kudos!!

I am serious. I can't wait to see you posts!! They are oh so spot on!!

Encore! Encore! Bravo!! Bravo!! Encore!!

18. Protestant

Your apologetic skills remind me of Utilyan and Hark: Epic Fail.

Unable to prove my citations from The Tridentine Profession of Faith are false, you simply whine about how ‘unfairly’ your Babylonian Church and Antichrist are depicted when compared to the truth of God’s Word.

Stop whining and start seeking the true Christ before it's too late.

Your gods and goddesses can't help you.

Neither will the Mark of the Beast - that indelible spiritual Mark which you eagerly received at baptism.

You know, the Sign of the Cross, the Mark you received on your forehead when pledging your soul to the Beast.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1275 Christian initiation is accomplished by three sacraments together: Baptism which is the beginning of new life; Confirmation which is its strengthening; and the Eucharist which nourishes the disciple with Christ's Body and Blood for his transformation in Christ.[/I]

So H2O immersion begins the new life. The bread and grape juice become Christ. Hmmm...better yet...ewwww!!

1277 Baptism is birth into the new life in Christ. In accordance with the Lord's will, it is necessary for salvation, as is the Church herself, which we enter by Baptism.

So H2O is necessary for salvation. The CoC and RCC, who both oppose sound baptist, and even better, sound biblical doctrine, put all their eggs in a baptistry. Another ewww!!

1282 Since the earliest times, Baptism has been administered to children, for it is a grace and a gift of God that does not presuppose any human merit; children are baptized in the faith of the Church. Entry into Christian life gives access to true freedom.

So H2O immersion is conflated as the gift of God?

1283 With respect to children who have died without Baptism, the liturgy of the Church invites us to trust in God's mercy and to pray for their salvation.

Praying for dead peoples' salvation?

Taken from...

https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/catechism/index.cfm?recnum=4119

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

I love you protestant, Even the theme of the thread and your Admonishments "WHAT YOU DO".

In other words you are stating Good Works are essential.

If a child of mine started to wrestle me mistakenly FOR the sake of defending another of my children I would in a ways proud of him for sticking up for his brothers and sisters.

Everything you are saying in this thread is cute and the very roots of our stance.

If it was faith alone it wouldn't matter what we were doing, but as you have repeatedly said IT IS "What you do".

The kid who thinks we worship Mary was also upset Mom and Dad were "fighting".......in bed!

So the evil you think we do, I could let that slide, you'll get it once you mature.

But the CORE motive that causes you to admonish us, Yes, Amen little brother. I agree with you, "ITS WHAT YOU DO"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.