1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I've decided who I am voting for...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bro. James Reed, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Kinky Friedman for Governor of Texas!

Rick Perry didn't start to come back to his base conservatives until he saw he was actually vulnerable a few months ago.

Carole Keeton Strayhorn seems to me like she just doesn't like Perry and wants to humiliate him. She has stated she doesn't really want the job.

Chris Bell is whining baby who can't win, or hold onto, any other office, so he's just running for everything until he can win.

Kinky Friedman is the only candidate I feel is not lying to us to get our votes, and he plans to move 10,000 guard troops to the border. I know, he is very liberal in many social issues, but since our governor has very limited powers, I feel that those issues will never come to a head.

Kinky for Governor!

Go Kinky!!!:thumbsup:

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I dunno. Kinky might turn out to be another Jesse. Strayhorn or Kinky for me. Still deciding.

Youi're right about Perry. But he at least had the decency to hold off on his latest tax increase until after the elections...

3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Wow, that's your only criteria? Somehow I don't get that feeling from any of the candidates. But I'd rather have one that doesn't appear quite as kinky as Kinky. Guess I'd better plan on going out to offset your vote!

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've never liked Perry either, so I'm voting for Strayhorn. I think she is the most sensible person for the job. If she wasn't running, I'd vote for Kinky.

Is the Democratic candidate even running a campaign? I can't even remember his name!

5. Bro. James Reed

Chris Bell - Democrat

He is a former Houston City Councilman who ran for Mayor, and lost, ran for Congress, served one term and lost the primary, filed charges against Tom Delay, and is now running for Governor.

Jesse Jackson is in town campaigning with him this week.:laugh: I'm sure that will bring him lots of Texas voters.:tongue3:

I was seriously considering Strayhorn, but she seems a little fishy to me. I really believe the only reason she is running is because she doesn't like Perry. She seems like the uppity girl on the playground who gets huffy when she doesn't get her way. I think that really came out after she complained about not being allowed to have "Grandma Strayhorn" on the ballot because "Kinky" will be listed with his nickname. Carole, maybe if you whine a bit more we'll elect you.

Besides, Kinky would have a much better chance of winning had she not gotten in the race. For what the Governor of Texas has authority to do, which is very little, Kinky seems to be pushing for the right things.

Last I checked, polling was along these lines:

Perry (R) - 33%
    Friedman (I) - 23%
    Strayhorn (I) - 20%
    Bell (D) - 16%
    Undecided - 8%

That's taking into account only likely registered voters, which has been typically less than half of those surveyed. Friedman is likely to draw many voters from the camp that doesn't usually vote. I hear much more support for Kinky from folks I know than for anyone else. Most believe that Perry is a crook.

Go Kinky!:thumbs:

6. Bro. James Reed

Rather than cutting off my quote mid-sentences, you should paste the whole thing and you'd see that is not my only criteria.

Anyhow, are telling me that it doesn't matter to you if the candidates are lying to you to get your vote?

Kinky is planning to move 10,000 Texas Guardsmen to the border to stop illegals. What are the plans of the other candidates? <chirp...crickets...chirp> Perry has been pushing for amnesty and loose laws for the border because he is backed by big business who want the cheap labor.

Friedman is going to move the Guard to the border, set fines for businesses hiring illegals, and require businesses to check the legal status of their new employees. That's a whole lot more than anyone else is willing to do. Perry didn't even start appearing in commercials, to even act interested in the border, until a couple months ago when he realized he had a real chance to lose in November.

Folks are rallying against Perry by the thousands. This ain't going to be a pretty election.

7. Bro. James Reed

Voter registration deadline is tomorrow.

Just a reminder to vote.........................for Kinky, of course.:smilewinkgrin: