1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Schaap spoof videos on YouTube

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Authorized_1611, Oct 15, 2008.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is so sad though, is that people in their pride actually follow him.

2. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

The name of Jesus despised

I am not one with a weak stomach. I can stand, and sometimes engage, in satire and biting sarcasm. However, I have problems with the YouTube spoofs not because of Jack Schaap but for the shame that it brings upon our Savior. The unbelieving world cannot generally differentiate between Jack Schaap and us. When an unbeliever views one of the spoofs, he sees the Jack Schaap type as representative of Christianity. It reflects negatively upon our Lord. Although I am no fan of Schaap's and I am usually his critic, I am deeply pained and saddened by the spoofs because they cast a shadow upon Christ, His church and the Gospel. Let's face it, we are tarred with the same broad brush. Thus, I cannot laugh and be glad even at Jack's expense.

The really sad thing is the reproach that it brings upon the cause of Christ.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree and disagree with you.

One of the problems is that by the non-action and complacency of Christians it sends a message to non-Christians that they approve of the impostors on TV. Recently I spoke with a man who thought of most Christians as idiots because they followed the nonsense on TV. He has met several hypocrites who "turned their religion on and off." That stopped when I pointed out to him the fact that Jesus condemned the religious folks who did not possess true religion as James points out in his letter.

Too many Christians just sweep the heresies under the rug and hope they will not be noticed as though God's work is about image building. God's work is about the truth because it is thew truth that sets us free. It is not about polytheism and many roads to God. It is one God and one road to heaven.

4. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Agreement

I agree that Christians are complacent toward sin within the church much like the Corinthians. However, a spoof is not the proper response to wake people up. We must return to preaching against sin and calling it sin. We must preach judgment, not just what makes people feel happy and positive about themselves. I am not one of those who think we cannot say anything about another Christian. We are obligated, as Christians, to condemn sin and unrighteousness.

However, there are some things too serious to spoof. For example, I don't tell homosexual jokes. When we laugh about it, it becomes less serious and funny.