1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Van Impe

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LorrieGrace, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    APOLOGY: I noticed that this thread is in the "fellowship" area, NOT for debate. Guess MY comments way crossed that invisible line a few days ago.

If some would like a non-confrontational discussion on Jack et al, go for it. I will step out with apologies.

2. irish joe

irish joe New Member

During the late 70's and 80's when sincere men of God were scarce on the ground in Ireland,where the Gospel was not preached with the passion of a convicted,grateful heart,we huddled round our radios at night to listen to the voices that appealed to our hearts to repent and commit our ways to a loving,caring Lord..Through the dark and static of those half hour broadcasts we heard the voice of Jack Van Impe speak of a shepherd God searching for His lost sheep.Thank the good Lord for Jack Van Impe...I don't know what he is at now but during those times we were richly blessed for his committment to the Truth..I can understand and empathise with you when it seems that a brother is wandering from the path..it can be disappointing but maybe all he needs is our prayer...irish joe

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post IJ. I only wish that your example could be a pattern for many more discussions.

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

When I was first saved in 99 I watched alot of 'Christian' t.v, but not anymore. I used to watch his show every week and I really liked it. But I don't think it's good to try to fit todays news into what the bible says. You could do that in any time in history.

On 'Christian' t.v. there is too much unbiblical teaching. I realize that the more I study my bible.

Rachel

5. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I do watching Jack Van Impe on T.V. with open captioned many times several years ago.

I never forget what he said on Catholics. He hold of book, as he was planning to printing and sell that book called, "One World Church". He said, I was planning to make it print, and to sell them to warning them about the coming one world religion even include Roman Catholic church. But God told me, to drop that book, so, he dropped it, and not to printing and sell them.

Bible is very obivously warning to us about Ecumenical Movement(one world religion) find in Revelation chapter 17. God commands us to get out of this evil system - Rev. 18:4.

Four years ago, I visited Jack Van Impe's headquarter in Troy, MI. I looked at many posts on the walls. I notice a post of newspaper with bold words, saying, "Separated, Against Compromised". That newspaper was in year around early 1970's.

Also, I read a book about the biography of Late Dr. John R. Rice. I surprised, Jack Van Impe was invloved with Sword of the Lord Cruasde in Detroit, MI. in year 1972, he was invloved with John R. Rice, Curtis Hutson, and others.

also, I surprised, I read a post with an article saying, that Jack Van Impe received three Doctoral degrees from three Bible colleges: Tenneesee Temple University, Hyles-Anderson College, and Midwestern Baptist College. I was shocked to learned that he received doctoral degrees from America's well know Fundamental baptist colleges.

Even, himself was a truly strong independent fundamental baptist in his early ministry. Same as Billy Graham was.

My ex-Sunday school teacher told me, he did went to tour at Jack Van Impe's headquarter, and did tour into his own office. He saw Jack Van Impe's desk is so very fancy and expnesive, that desk is make of marble!

Very sad. Jack Van Impe is now compromsing with Ecumincal Movement, even invlove with Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN)- T.V. cable company, for his purpose is to make $$$$.

Same with Tim LaHaye is doing it right now.

Even, also, Billy Graham is doing the same thing.

Very sad.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

6. irish joe

irish joe New Member

Thank you,just want peace..it's from the heart,jack van impe was my brother when nobody else was,as were other voices in those broadcasts,esp.j.vernon mcgee..looking beyond the dollar and the materialist trappings is important.Aren't we advised,in Scripture,to trust no man,and that means even ourselves but to put our trust in the Lord..prayer moves mountains..I'm travelling trans Atlantic to family in NC end of week..
    Any of you folks live near Greensboro..God bless,irish joe

7. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Irish Joe, your post IS excellant. Yes, we need to be in prayer for our brothers and sisters in Christ just as we pray for the lost, even more so. I pray that you have a blessed trip and safe travels. I wanted to retire in NC but we wound up in FL! LOL

8. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Yesterday in the car I heard a preacher named Harold Camping on the radio. It reminded me of when I was going to school at night how on the way home I would listen to him. He is over the top, IMHO. Have any of you heard of him?

9. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Jim Said:
    Must agree with Dr. Bob on this one. We must never give credence to faulty doctrine, but we ought always to show grace and love to our fellow humans, and show the wisdom in kowing the difference.

I Agree

I happen to think dispensationalism to be one of the most dangerous viewpoints in fundamental circles, but I have never disfellowshipped with my fellow preachers who so embraced those doctrines.

Thanks

And I should hope they never regard me as anything but a true friend.

I do

On the "big-name" preachers, I sometimes think their popularity has caused them to stretch their views to remain fresh and attractive. Pride has led not a few to fall by the wayside on the peripherals.

I think your right

Cheers,

Cheers!