1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James Dobson Speaking At SBC meeting

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Kiffin, Jun 12, 2001.

1. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

I don't believe we need secular shrinks but I do believe we need christian shrinks. At least they give a godly view of how God deals with us thru scripture and also on a basis that we actually need to have. I give Dr. Dobson a thumbs up

Sue

2. thepaintman80

thepaintman80 New Member

Your loving tone and outreach has been so wonderful I'll never be back here again. What a bunch of nominal Christians your are (not all of you) but enough that I have learned that some of you are extra biblical (unloving) and I continue to hear a resounding clang from many of you. Now I see why non Baptist cringe at the very word Baptist. Where is the Grace?

Grace to You! :confused:

3. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

Thepaintman, I sincerely hope I said nothing to offend you. If I did please accept my apologies. Sometimes Christians can get harsh with opinions and personal point of views and I'm sorry that you got the brunt of it.

Sue

4. lightkeeper

lightkeeper Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <<James Dobson takes Freudian humanism and combines it with scripture and calls it Christianity.>>

I am a Christian counseling psychologist who has read most, if not all, of Dr. Dobson's writings. His belief system and that of Freud could not be further apart.

Dr. Dobson is the foremost Christian expert on marriage and the family. Some studies are showing that Baptists have a higher divorce rate than any other denomination. Bringing Dr. Dobson aboard shows that our leadership is serious about solving a serious problem.