1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James White debate online

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Will J. Kinney, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Will J. Kinney

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wanted to let people know that if they are interested in seeing what the multiversionist view is and how he operates, here is a debate/discussion I recently had with James White about the Bible version issue.

I had joined this club a few weeks ago and I mentioned something about the NASB being perverted and many of James White's arguments against the KJB as being hypocritical.

Then one of the guys took offence (no surprise there) and said he knew James White and how could I say he was being hypocritical. Next thing I know, James White himself came on board, and so we had a discussion that went on for several days.

It now looks like he will retire from the field of debate unless he changes his mind. But if you are interested in seeing the arguments presented on both sides and how he operates, here is the site. I think you have to join in order to see the posts, but it is well worth it to see how the main defamer of our King James Bible operates.

May God use it for His glory and our edification.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/realtruthradio/

Will

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks, Will J. Kinney. Glad to know that someone finally put that evil James White in his place. How you succeeded where so many learned people before you have failed would be an interesting study for us ...

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NASB is perverted? That has to be one of the silliest things I have heard from a KJV-only *******. [​IMG]

[edited to remove offensive label]

[ March 24, 2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Bob 63 ]

4. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

See Psalms 119:130,1st Cor 1:19 & 1st Cor 1:27 for answer..

5. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

See Psalms 119:130,1st Cor 1:19 & 1st Cor 1:27 for answer.. </font>[/QUOTE]I am very familiar with all those but I see no relevance to this topic. They don't talk about Bible versions at all, much less how to convince someone to stop debating the issue. Perhaps you have a greater insight to this that you would be willing to share with us.

By the way, I notice that you never responded to my clear refutation of your false statements regarding the NKJV. Why not?

6. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

No surprize.
    1) It's Spring. 2)The fish are biting, and 3) I have better thing to do than waste my time with someone who wont listen to the truth..

7. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

No suprize.
    1) It's Spring 2)The fish are biting, and 3) I have better thing to do than waste my time with someone who wont listen to the truth..
    </font>[/QUOTE]JYD, I don't think you understood. He wanted to know your reasons.

Btw, I love how KJVO are so evasive and blame it on our inability to receive truth. Classic.

8. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Sure I did;the answer stands.
    Matt 7:20

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

James White is a godly man and a trusted colleague. The turmoil he has to put up with from cultists like Mormons, JWs, Muslims is no surprise since he preaches the truth, and ear ticklers just can't stand it.

[NOTE: Post edited by webmaster]

[ March 25, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: webmaster ]

10. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    TomVols, please make room in your PM box.

11. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Tom, I personally do not like White and alot of his style of debating (he seems to bait and patronize alot), but listening to him debate KJVO is just classic. Truth is not important for everyone.

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Bait and patronize? It seems that's exactly what Will Kinney was doing, not White. I didn't read most of it because it was obvious right away that it was going to be personal attacks by him against White and not much else. White put in his place? I think not.
    I didn't read the replies by Brandplucked, but having been familiar with him in the past I'd wager he probably made the most sense for the KJV side of things.
    Why is it another Christians job to put another one "in his place"? Would your time have been better spent helping a lost person "find his place"? Or perhaps by encouraging and helping someone else?
    You went out to attack someone, you did it, now that it's done are you a better person for it? Or do you think he is a better person now that you did that? :confused:
    Gina

13. Will J. Kinney

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi ya'll. I don't often come to BB, but I thought some of you might be interested in how James White presents his side and how a KJB believer presents the case for the Holy Bible - a.k.a. King James Version.

As far as responding to the NKJV stuff, I'm sorry, but I never saw it. My fault. I just don't come here that often. I work full time and am involved in other clubs too.

I think you would all benefit from reading ALL THE WAY THROUGH the different posts we both have made. James, like any other Bible relativist, has no final authority but his own mind. Some have ears to hear and some don't. I'm not the one who decides who gets to hear - that is God's job.

As for the KJB defenders here at BB, keep up the good work brothers and sisters. We all learn from each other and God is still opening eyes.

In His grace - the only way to get there from here.

Will

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No surprize. </font>[/QUOTE]The only "not surprising" thing here is that you throw out verses that have nothing to do with the topic and then pretend like you know what you are talking about. If you are going to use these verses, please demonstrate how they make your point.

1) It's Spring. 2)The fish are biting, and 3) I have better thing to do than waste my time with someone who wont listen to the truth.. </font>[/QUOTE]And you had no answer for it. I will gladly listen to the truth. In fact, I took a fair amount of time to answer your post and demonstrate the truth. My suspicion is that you didn't answer because you don't have the first clue how to. To only appropriate response you could possibly give is "I'm sorry; I mistated the truth." That is all you did.

You know, I say again, we can disagree about which translation is the best translation. There is legitimate grounds for that. But a clear mistatement of the facts is inexcusable. It can be excused once out of ignorance -- simply not knowing. But when you are confronted with the truth, it is time to align your position with the facts of God's word.

Will,

We will continue to defend the word of God, including the KJV from all of its attackers. We love the word of God and make it the centerpiece of our life.

But you, like many others, have set up a false authority. You say your final authority is the KJV but you have yet to give one verse where your authority takes the same position you do. The truth is that your authority is the people who taught you this teaching. It is nowhere found in the pages of Scripture, as is shown by your side's abject failure to offer even one verse that identifies the KJV as this final authority. Your final authority is your own mind; it is not Scripture. If your final authority was Scripture, you would believe the things that Scripture says and you would not add to it to satisfy the things that you prefer. Your position has created a troubling position for those who believe in the authority of Scripture -- It is troubling becuase your authority doesn't say what you say. You are forced to make it up out of your own mind and doctrine. Give this some thought and tell what by what authority have you designated the KJV as the word of God.

15. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

I gave you all the answers I'm going to give;read the thread where I gave the verses. If you want to willfully ignore the truth to save face,then do so.I will not waste no more of my time with you any more.

[ March 26, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: TomVols ]

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JYD, You just have to be a plant... a sleeper if you will. Come on, 'fess up.

You are really some NRSV loving left-winger trying to make KJVOnlyism look silly and baseless, aren't you? Every time you throw things out there like this then refuse to discuss your misuse of scripture, you show the fallacy of KJVOnlyism to the extreme.

Your "defense" is comical.

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I read the thread, and I answered each one, showing that your claim that the NKJV followed the "Alexandrian text" was patently false. In none of those cases was that true. You were simply wrong.

It is you who is willfully ignoring the truth. I took the time to diligently compare every single verse you gave with the following: KJV, NKJV, UBS Greek text, Majority Greek Text, and the Textus REceptus. I did the work. I made comments on every single verse you listed showing the truth about them. Why will you not acknowledge this??

You remind me of Steve who, when he ran out of answers, just started ignoring when people posted the truth. He claimed it was us who were being untruthful but failed to show even one instance of it. Now, you start that method. That is disappointing. However, I firmly believe there is hope for anyone who will open their eyes.

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm telling you Pastor Larry, JYD is pitching batting practice to you. He has to be faking KJVOnlyism- this is the only rational explaination for his history of posts on the BB.

19. Japheth

Japheth Guest

Now,now fellas. Looks like you're trying to "bait" the Bible believer here.

20. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

[ March 26, 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: TomVols ]