1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured James White Responds To Dr Jerry Walls

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DrJamesAch, Sep 4, 2013.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have asked hundreds of times why you got saved and your neighbor didn't after attending the same service and hearing the same message. The answer always boils down to "I am better than my neighbor." Try as you might you cannot honestly answer the question while clinging to your Arminianism. :(

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First I am not an arminian. Second you set up a straw man to defeat in order to prop up your false characterization of other views. A tactic often employed by reformed folks.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't help but notice, once again, you can't honestly answer the question. Typical.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he doesn;t like "labels", and does not hold to some others theology, but his own!

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You're correct, it's status quo for him.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

He's offered nothing of any theological substance to date. Snide remarks to calvinists?

Yup.

And nothing more.

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

The scriptures give several reasons why men do not come to Christ. The main reason is they love their sin and do not want to give it up.

Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Some men love darkness because it conceals their evil. They wish to do evil, and so they love the darkness that covers it.

The scriptures show that evil men are often foolish as well, while the wise man listens to God.

Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
    33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

But the real answer is simply free will. God has given every man the ability to choose God, or choose against him. It is really that simple.

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Why some men are wise and choose for God, while others are foolish and choose against God cannot be answered. But just because we cannot answer why one man chooses for God while another chooses against God does not prove Calvinism is true whatsoever. It is a false form of argument.

It is like asking why one person likes mustard on a hot dog, while another person likes ketchup on a hot dog. We cannot say why, we can only observe that these are the facts. It is all a matter of choice.

#87 Winman, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013