1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Japan Celebrates Annivesary of Hiroshima

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 6, 2014.

?
  1. An absolute evil?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Absolute deterrent?

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is true CTB...

While life is extremely valuable, the reasons for making the decision to drop the two bombs was to spare as many American and Japanesse lives as possible. I don't know if the 5 million Japanesse fought to their annihilation, but I'm sure they may have tried their best had we invaded.

So in reality, we saved a ton of Japanesse lives as well as Americans!

Like I said, the bomb is a necessary deterrent! Of course to the society that has no bomb, I can see why they're referred to it as an evil!

The truth is, since those two bombs were dropped, America has practiced great restraint. So, if there is an evil in the bomb, it may be more like the evil being in the people who wielded that power. America is not an evil task master!

2. General Mung Beans

A-bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki was the least awful of the available options.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it odd that the Japanese government refers to the Atomic Bomb as absolute evil, yet seems to forget that Japan voluntarily allied themselves with the most evil government run by the most evil man the world has ever seen, dedicated to the genocide of the Jewish people. They got just what they deserved. Mess with the bull - get the horns!

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People seem ...

.... to easily forget the truth about their history and the origins of their problems!

Like blacks who continue to harp about slavery. It's been gone now for 150 years; I doubt if it ever returns; and most of the people complaining and reminiscing probably knew no one personally who suffered under this great embarrassment!

Like I said, when it comes to the race card - it's way past time, so move on! When it comes to Hiroshima - they only reaped what they started when they woke the sleeping giant! Pretending to want a peaceful solution while they lined up their ships and bombers to devastate Pearl Harbor!

And if one were to discuss the evils of the bomb, how about the evils of the massive sex slave industry, Japan started during the war, forcing women from Korea, China, Tiawan, etc., to, well, uh, service their soldiers?

In America, we tend to make Custer out as a victim, but he was the one who should be remembered for leading an ill-prepared group of men to their slaughter! And the Indians finally got their greatest victory, and it was against a man who killed as many women and children as he killed men! While I feel bad for the men of the Sebenth Calvary, their leader was a pompous, arrogant, immature hater of the Indian culture! His goal was to one day be president, and his goal saw a great many people on both sides of the Indian war, killed!

History should be remembered for its truth, and not rewrote by people in this day and age in order to spin history in their favor!

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last documented surviving slave was Eliza Moore, 1843-1948 (age 105)

and now back to the OP

It has been 69 years since the bomb was dropped.
    Several Japanese are super-centenarians.
    It is possible that there could be survivors of the bomb until the year 2060!
    At least 3 of the super-centenarians were born and/or live in Nagasaki.