1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JEB BUSH: Obama Should Focus on His Job, Not My Brother

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 10, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Lets see, Jan 20-Sept 11. That is about 8 months and as I pointed out above he inherited the dot com bubble burst and a terrorist crisis left by the misogynist Clinton.

Also the income of the treasury went up after President Bush cut taxes. The dot com bubble burst, the subsequent recession, and 9/11 took care of the surplus. Not that you will believe it but the only reason there was a surplus was that the Republican Congress shoved it down Clinton's throat.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I thought the dot com burst was in the 2000's. That would have been on Bush' watch.

Any proof treasure income went up after the tax cuts? I would sure be surprised to see how that happened. That's like saying I got a cut in my pay but I make more...

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is from your article...

It was in 2001 when the IPO's dwindled, that was on Bush' watch. Clinton was out of office by then. I'm not saying it was Bush' fault, just that it happened on his watch. No one could predict that was going to happen.

However, if you want to continue blaming Clinton then you should have no problem with Obama blaming Bush.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The difference exists between the two parties in your mind because you refuse to use the Constitution as a standard, if you have ever bothered to read it.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

In answer to all of your above:

The problems of the US economy are now Obama's administrative's problems to deal with and make, continue or recreate policy concerning. I haven't blamed him for what he inherited.... but he will be held accountable for what he does about it.

I made no judgenment of your little darling except to point out my opinion that Jeb is right: which I will now strengthen here since you presented so ripe an opportunity, that it is unattractive, to say the least, for Obama to complain about the previous owner of the horse he is given to ride..... especially after having worked so hard to jump into the saddle. If he's not good enough for the job then he should never have run for president. But if Obama wants to look less regal and less gracious more inept and less equiped..... so be it...... who am I to stop him. Already he misses so many standards which were easily possible in a president and which I had longed for that this particular area of mud which both you and he enjoy.... really disturbs me very little.

BTW: The economy under Obama is almost 90 days old. Deferring to the past is becoming morbidly preoccupied and a distraction from the present.

But he's your baby.....

As for your 401-k... what about social security to retirees.... retirement pay and bennies for vets..... retirement incomes for civil servants and state workers and teachers, policemen etc.? You really think the economy just effects the ones with money.... or that the onlly poor who are affected are those who invested in 401's, ira's and roth's? Don't you know there is nothing that you can do to plan for your future that you can be sure will be there for you when you need it except for salvation? But that is something you act on right now.... cause you're not promised a future to prepare!

As for the wealth of those who have and the poverty of those who have not.... it is all a delusion. Everything you owned yesterday is a memory. What you think you may own tomorrow is a hope. All you ever own and have is right now! ...... Your time, your possessions, your relationships, your devotion and worship, your health and sickness, your work and your play..... right now is all that you have! It is not that these things which we have don't have some useful purpose..... but as Christians.... sometimes we loose sight of the things which truely are important and fail to remind others that these things which are a worry to them are so temporary and easily loose their importance. ......Just like the memories of yesteryear.... it is not a blame game upon which problems are solved but a dealing with the reality of what is now. Tomorrow....the blame will fall on who ever had control of the problem today: What they inherited is a given.... but that is past. Obama's problem is not to change what he inherited: He can't. That's a given. His task is to do the best he can with the talents given to him.

P.S. Anyone who has to be reminded of the events of 2008 in order to know on whose watch the financial events occurred is either an imbecile or living in isolation. Therefore the president waste's his time pointing backward... and so do his minions: They'd do better focusing on what he is doing and seeing that he gets every encouragement they can give.

6. targus

targus New Member

In that you have repeatedly shown that you lack even the most rudimentary understanding of economics it only makes sense that you would be suprised that income to the treasurey goes up after taxes are cut. I say this not to disparage you but to encourage you to educate yourself so that you can participate here and make real life decisions from a position of knowledge.

When taxes are cut businesses have more money to hire employees, purchase capital equipment and purchase materials and inventory. When taxes are cut individuals have higher tax home pay so they have more money to buy things like cars, furniture, clothing, etc.

The increase in after tax money made available to businesses and individuals that gets spent is an increase in the economy. The increase in economic transactions result in an increase of taxable events which increases the money coming in to the treasury.

So a tax cut results in a net increase of money into the treasury.

#46 targus, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You do not have a clue why I see a distinct difference. You my friend do not have enough information to come to your conclusion. Nor can you know if I have read it. My statement in no way provides any sort of information about the constitution or my reading of it. In fact the two are not even related.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#48 Revmitchell, Apr 12, 2009
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Two facts I do know and not just from my posts.
    1. The tone, construction and confrontational content of your posts brings out the worst in people.
    2. Your understanding of government, politics, and world affairs is woefully lacking.

If you have read the Constitution, I suggest you read it again.

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What was the "terrorist crisis left by the misogynist Clinton?" Bush was given numerous warnings about 9/11 and did nothing about it.

11. OldRegular

The dot com bubble burst in 2000 under Clinton the misogynist. Bush took over January 20 2001. It is only natural that the number of IPO's would shrink after the bubble had burst in 2000 under Clinton the misogynist.

12. OldRegular

JC were you that fly on the wall President Bush kept me from swatting. Otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about. What was it Shakespeare said?

It is a tale told by an idiot;
    Full of sound and fury;
    Signifying Nothing.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Perhaps you personally didn't blame him but when he first proposed the stimulus plan all that was heard from the right was how spending is what got us into this mess. It's ok, you don't need to see nothing but your side of this.

If the horse is loosing because of something the previous owner did and the public is calling for the current jockeys head, I think it is perfectly normal for the current jockey to remind everyone when the problem began and that his role is to fix the problem. Again, I know you don't want to agree with this but that is normal behavior.

Nice speech but it ignores a couple of truths. It is true tomorrow is not promised, however, when someone steels your future then you want justice. The crises impacts the poor more than rich since the poor have no other resources to fall back on. Those who are rich were not totally dependent on their 401K. We now have a record number of retires looking for a job which is a sad truth in my book. I wish as a Christian I could be as heartless as you and say, "well, nothing is promised"...

I believe you're preaching to the choir since it is the republican's that needed the reminder. The rest of us knew who wrecked the economy which we made clear in the last election. Reminding the right of who was on watch when this happened is to say if your plans were going to work, how did we get here. Bush cut taxes yet here we are...

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Bush cut taxes and unemployment was at record levels when he left office. If a job was created because of his tax cuts, that job was overseas and did nothing to increase treasury income.

What you cite is a good theory but it hasn't worked in real life. Any profit went home as a bonus and any new job was made overseas. Bush cut taxes and the deficit went up. Why won't you look at reality instead of conservative ideology? We all understand the ideology but it doesn't account for the greed of man. That is what ruined the conservative theory.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't agree but let's pretend you're right. The first thing Bush did was passed his famous tax cuts. If the conservative theory is true, why didn't those tax cuts heal the nation from the bust?

16. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

You continually go off topic.

The discussion of the economy is on another thread.

If you can't find it..... why not open it your self?

Jeb is right. Oboma needs to spring forward!

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

President Obama will be held accountable for how he deals with the economic crisis Bush left him. Remember that many thought that there would be a world-wide economic meltdown last October. That was your favorite President (but not mine) George Bush's fault.

18. OldRegular

I posted evidence that the dot com bubble burst in 2000 under Clinton the misogynist. The Bush tax cuts in 2001 were followed by 9/11 so get real LB. There were further tax cuts in 2003. So under Bush the economy had to overcome a recession instituted by the dot com bubble and Clinton dallying in the oval office while Osama plotted.

If you care to search a little you will learn that Federal revenue always increases after an across the board tax cut, going all the way back to Kennedy.

#58 OldRegular, Apr 12, 2009
  19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Only according to the conservative propaganda machine. In the past that theory had teeth but with this global economy it doesn't prove to be as true. Today, cutting taxes on the rich doesn't guarantee stimulus or increased government revenue.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pure Democrat propoganda