1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JEB BUSH: Obama Should Focus on His Job, Not My Brother

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 10, 2009.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You have to be kidding ranking the Washington Times,founded in 1982 by Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon, as a cut above perhaps the best newspaper in the world, The New York Times. Now we're supposed to follow the "Rev." Moon?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So tell me, what doctrines of Rev moon do they print and espouse?

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The conclusions you draw in posts speak for themselves. Lets see, how can this be put nicely in modern terms. Oh, I know, analytically challenged.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, limited as it is, the Washington Times prints news more than NYT or WP which is merely editoral from cover to cover. You are right in there with the Republicans execpt on the other side, pretending there is a difference between the two parties.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Isn't this the right wing version of ACORN? You tease me for my one time link to media meters (sp?) then you go here? They put on most of today's tea parties so if you don't mind I will skip their report...

So in short, this isn't proof the economic model works, it says the rich cheat less when we reduce taxes.

Now don't misunderstand my point, I know reducing corporate taxes SHOULD mean they will inject more into the economy and possible hire more workers. However, the latest behavior from corporate America has been making this ideology void. Instead of spending more in the states, they are hiring in other countries and taking the profits home as bonuses. To add, Bush gave a tax cut that let them bring the money back into the states tax free.

I wouldn't mind if they let the money stay in the till so the investors got a bit more but I feel about giving executives getting more bonus like you do about adding more social programs. I also believe any bonus above 100% base pay should be given in stocks and not cash.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So you're saying you don't care who owns the paper as long as they print what you want to read. Even if it's a man who claims to be the second coming of Jesus Christ?

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first link was simply a reproduction of a Washington post article.You should read more of the second if that is all you got from it. But since you simply do not want to admit the truth of either why waste your time. Anyway your earlier point has been debunked.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So you make a broad and sweeping attack on everyone on the board who uses newspapers as sources. Then you degenerate further to personal. I suppose you will now return to following me around the board and attacking everything I say. I think it is time to grow up and move on.

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It is amazing how that happens. When there is no argument for their policies they resort to personal attacks.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is no personal attack here. As far as growing up, I am light years ahead of you, especially since you say you are in the ministry. Every post I write is not written in a fashion to evoke angry responses. Your lack of understanding of our government and politics is not my problem. No, I have no desire to follow you around, you seem to pop up everywhere.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Here is a perfect example that is not me of how you draw angry responses. You said "he should read more of the second" when you have no idea if he did or did not. How do you draw that conclusion? He did not meet your intellectual capacity? You go on to say "if that is all you got from it." What is he suppose to get from it? Just what he printed. Not what you expect. What other than an angry response would you expect.

"You simply do not want to admit the truth" is your next quote. Aside from you having no idea what the truth is, the fact is your opinion about an issue does not make it the truth.

By the way, his earlier point was not "debunked." I often do not agree with LeBuick, but his points are sound and logical. Try it sometime.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Here is another example of a personal attack, a post to evoke an angry response, and not knowing what you are talking about. Calling someone "dishonest" is against the BB rules in the first place. It is a personal attack and you have nothing to base it on. Again, what do you expect besides an angry response?

Really, you do not know if the tax cuts work or not. If you knew history, then you would know it takes years to see the results of tax cuts. It was not all Bush's spending. Congress spends money, and during the eight years in question, there was six years of a Republican Congress and two of a Democratic Congress. Congress passed the tax cuts and Congress passed the spending bills.

Not enough time has passed to see if the tax cuts worked or not. However, saying that deficit spending might have minimized the effect is not an unreasonable conclusion. You calling it dishonest is unreasonable.

I could go on with example after example, but the pattern is there.

#92 saturneptune, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009