1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeremiah Wright: Here we go again!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Apr 24, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bill Moyers interview premiers tomorrow night on PBS. I saw excerpts of in on Chris Matthews' "Hardball" tonight. To put it mildly, the interview will not help Senator Obama's campaign at all.

www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/index-flash.html

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Rev Wright - The gift that keeps on giving.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

What's sad is that we find out that "reverend" Wright, after all his pontificating, is building a mansion in a mostly white neighborhood.

Which makes him an even sorrier character. His racist rants were exercises in fooling his "congregation." If anything, it is "reverend" Wright that is mistreating black folk--by misleading them, and riling them up so that his pockets would be lined.

He is a fraud, a buffoon, and a hateful piece of trash. He will answer to God one day for his lies and hatred.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Jeremiah was a bullfrog,
    He was a good friend of mine.
    I never understood a single word he said,
    but I helped him drink his wine,
    and he always had some mighty fine wine.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

[​IMG] <-----------Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am no fan of Mr. Obama. However I think Obama needs to pay this man a large sum of money to go away. :laugh:

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Martin, I couldn't agree with you more, but he might even talk about that large sum.

He's a blemish in what would have been a feast for Obama.

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "fraud, a buffoon, hateful" I would agree. But let's be careful to say a "piece of trash". God loves him and would have him to be His child in Christ. Pray he repents and comes to know Jesus.

God bless! :wavey:

9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wright said that Obama said what he said about him because he is a politician and says what a politician has to say. Is Wright saying Obama lied to the American people in his "great" race speach?

God Bless! :thumbs:

10. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I watched the entire interview, and have a totally different reaction. I found Wright engaging, personable, and right on target as he spoke about the ethic of Jesus vs the common materialistic and militaristic ethic of our day. If you have not worked among or lived among African-Americans, you just do not hear this preacher in the same way that they do.

I hope that those who have spoken so ill of Pastor Wright will by now have heard the entire interview. I do not think it hurts Obama at all. Instead it exposes to white America the profound pain that still continues in black America. That some have made it out of poverty in some sense only adds to the pain, because that highlights the plight of so many others and places a burden of responsibility on the successful to find ways to give back.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The interview was intended to make Wright look better for the purpose of Obama's campaign. His words from the pulpit at moments when his guard was down and he was being who he is certainly bear more weight.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

Also hear Wright on Bill Moyers and agree that he sounded 100% OK, a decent human being and theologically correct. Maybe the chicken are coming home.