1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeremy Camp talks death of first wife

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jedi Knight, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This WoF Stuff is Dangerous...

...the main reason I wrote "Thorn Daze: The Painful Truth about Prosperity Teaching" was because the Lord led me to put into writing my experiences with this name-it-claim-it teaching stuff. It nearly ship wrecked my faith, and I witnessed and ministered to many who were destroyed with spiritual and personal conflict caused by these "well meaning" folks!

This is why this one book is my top-selling book. I think there are many who have thorns, and may never be rid of them, no matter how much faith they muster up, or how many times they claim it just aint' so! Paul carried a thorn, and if he could carry a thorn, who are we to think we should be set free. Some thorns can humble us and remind us that God is the sole source of strength. In my case, I've been able to overcome those thorns by looking beyond them and moving on down the road. The thorns remain, but my faith has grown richer because of the strength He's given to me to overcome in spite of my physical conditions.

Thanks for sharing this.