1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jerusalem as Babylon...?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still trying to see that eternal Covenant between the trinity, and that of works though!

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Anyone who wants to see it[the covenant of redemption] has to do some study.....It had to be in place before creation could take place.Rev 13:8

Sometimes because the specific theological terms were not used in scripture everytime, people object even if the teaching is there...let me explain.

The word trinity is not in scripture...the teaching is there.

God has an arrangement with David in 2 sam 7:

Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

The word Covenant was not here in 2 sam...nevertheless it is what we refer to as the Davidic Covenant. God dealt with David with a covenant.
    In this case we know for sure because psalm 89 ..repeats it and says it was a covenant....

89 I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

In the Nt we read of God's electing Covenant mercy extended to all the elect sheep, notice the text says...called us with a holy calling.....which was given us IN Christ Jesus...before the world began......Only the trinity was there to make this covenant.....

Jesus speaks of this exact thing in Jn 6:
    37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

In Isa.40-54 you need to study the Servant of The Lord passages carefully.
    It is called the servants song...
    1st / Isa 42:1–4
    2nd / Isa 49:1–6
    ) 3rd / Isa 50:4–11
    ) 4th / Isa 52:13–53:12

You need to study heb7:22-25, heb10:14

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Covenant of works we know by seeing what the last Adam did here on earth with His active obedience providing a perfect righteousness. Hos6:
    7 But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

7 And they, as Adam, transgressed a covenant, There they dealt treacherously against me.

#22 Iconoclast, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  3. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can only speak for myself, I don't see them and no one here has been able to point the way. By the way Icon, your arguement was used by the RCC to discredit Luther.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerusalem as Babylon...?

What is this? casting for a new drama?

Okay, then how about Moscow as London? Boston as Atlanta? Dallas as Rome?...

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you read the article you might get a clue....

Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    (5) John contrasts their names. Earlier in Revelation Johns calls earthly Jerusalem by pagan names quite compatible with the designation "Babylon." In Revelation 11:8 he describes here as "spiritually Sodom and Egypt." In an earlier day Isaiah identifies Jerusalem as Sodom and Gomorrah (Isa 1). The idea is that rather than conducting herself as the wife of God, she has become one of God’s enemies, like Sodom, Egypt, and Babylon.

#25 Iconoclast, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
  6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While I am getting old i do not think The Rc church cut and paste my post to discredit him.

7. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you think I'm clueless

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that it might be easier to justhave the different Dispensations of Grace God had towards us in Biblical History!