1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus and the money changers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Roguelet, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Roguelet

Roguelet Guest

were there two differnt accounts of Jesus and the money changers or just one ?

Sounds to me like there were two mentioned.

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those who interpret John to be arranged chronologically, there are two accounts.

For those who interpret John to be arranged thematically, there is one account.

I subscribe to the thematic arrangement of John and one account of Jesus and the money changers.

3. KJV4JJ

KJV4JJ New Member

I've always thought it was 2 diffent accounts.... but this thread got me thinkin'... so I decided to study it out, and have only been able to find the one account in chap. 2... where is the other?

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In John it is recorded in chap 2 at the beginning of the book.

In the synoptics (Matthew 21, Mark 11, Luke 19), it is found in the end of the book near Jesus last passover.

Those who subscribe to a chronological ordering of John suggest that there were two temple cleansings, one at the beginning of his ministry and one at the end.

Those who subscribe to a thematic ordering of John suggest that the two accounts are the same, John simply choosing to place it in the beginning of his account for thematic purposes.