1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus and the Rapture

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ktn4eg, Apr 19, 2012.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

1 Thes. 4:13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Chapter 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Paul says Christ will return for the dead and living in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 and we who are alive and remain will be caught (snatched out) and meet them in the air, but remeber there were no chapter and verses when Paul wrote this so this is one continuous dialog. Verse 2 the Lord is coming, now it doesn't say when but Paul continues. Verse 4 we as believers are not to be overtaken by the day (time) that of darkness that is coming. Verse 6 watch and be sober for that day is coming. Verse 9 God had not appointed us to wrath. What day (time) of wrath? Yet again we see the believer not appointed to the wrath of the tribulation that is coming.

2 Peter 2: 6And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

9The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

As just Lot was taken out before God poured His wrath upon Sodom and Gomorrha God delivered Lot from that wrath, that judgement upon the unbelievers of that time. God knows how how to deliver the Godly out of temptation and the unjust unto the day of judgement.

Really clear how Lot vexxed his soul and yet he was snatched out of those evil cities before God's wrath came.

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

continued

Gods "Orge" wrath is coming:

anger, the natural disposition, temper, character
    movement or agitation of the soul, impulse, desire, any violent emotion, but esp. anger
    anger, wrath, indignation
    anger exhibited in punishment, hence used for punishment itself
    of punishments inflicted by magistrates

Chapter 5 verse 4 says that the day should not overtake us,
    Hemera:

the day, used of the natural day, or the interval between sunrise and sunset, as distinguished from and contrasted with the night
    in the daytime
    metaph., "the day" is regarded as the time for abstaining from indulgence, vice, crime, because acts of the sort are perpetrated at night and in darkness
    of the civil day, or the space of twenty four hours (thus including the night)
    Eastern usage of this term differs from our western usage. Any part of a day is counted as a whole day, hence the expression "three days and three nights" does not mean literally three whole days, but at least one whole day plus part of two other days.

of the last day of this present age, the day Christ will return from heaven, raise the dead, hold the final judgment, and perfect his kingdom

used of time in general, i.e. the days of his life.

The next to last says we should not let the "last day of this present age, the day Christ will return from heaven, raise the dead, hold the final judgment, and perfect his kingdom"

Veerse 7 of 1 Thes 5 says the unbelievers are in darkness and will be in the judgement. But we are of the day what day the day of Chtrist return in 1 Thessaloninas 4, then comes the wrath.

Peter shows perfectly that as Lot was snatched out from the judgement of Sodom and Gommorah so too will the Church be snatched out from the world prior to judgement.

3. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the upper room, Christ speaks about the wrath of God being poured out on him Matt 26:28 As a believer in Christ, the Savior took our place on the cross, for those the wrath of God has already been satisfied.

In the end of the age, the time of tribulation, Jehovah will pour out his wrath and those not covered by the blood of Christ will have no where to go Revelation 16.

There is no reason for the saved to be on earth when the wrath is poured out. During the first passover, the Jews were told to stay inside when the death angel came. And like Lot and Noah, the saved are separated from those not saved.

4. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Thomas, that is the only thing a person must believe. You are right.

My "malign" comment (in post #45) was not directed to you, but to RevMWC, who said, (end of post #44):

"Many have giVen up and had that crown taken from them because they no longer love His appearing and no longer claim the truth that HE will keep them from the hour of temptation that is coming upon all the earth."

He added to the Word of God by making salvation contingent on, not just loving His appearing (which I do) but also on claiming belief in a future keeping from some imagined disaster according to the dispensational playbook - not the Bible.

I was unclear in my first response to you. I did not include you with the maligners, though I do include you in the list of rude people here. But I needed to put the record straight.

#84 asterisktom, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You don't love His appearing for you see Him as already having come. To love His appearing is to be looking for Him to come not looking at a past King who has not come and set up His Kingdom and that was my point.

6. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you really serious? You are so set on maligning my position you don't even stop to think if you are following basic logic.

Your position as stated above:
    I don't believe in a future coming of Christ. (True)
    I believe in His coming in the past. (partially true)

There are three basic tenses. You ignored one.

Future, past, present.

I believe that Christ came, and that he is still present from that time onward. His kingdom, also, is present.

I don't need to love His future appearing per some futurist teaching. I love His presence today, His kingdom today.

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So how is His Kingdom present when the Kingodm which John speaks of is for 1000 years and then the Great White Throne would take place? If as you say He came in 70 A.D. that Kingdom would have ended in 1070 A.D. therefore you don't love His appearing for the Messianic Kingdom and coming for His Bride since His Bride would already be with Him according to Scripture, if He had in fact come.

8. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all the details of Revelation are to be taken literally.

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

revmwc, regarding part of your post #81

You made a good point that Chapters 4 & 5 of I Thessalonians didn't originally have chapter and verse divisions.

So, does that mean that in 4:13-18, and the verses of Chapter 5 Paul is speaking of the same event. If so, then somebody has changed the definitions.

Forty-something years ago, when I was first taught eschatology, it was from a pre-Trib viewpoint. The teacher described 4:13ff as the pre-trib rapture, and the events of Chapter 5 as the post-trib second coming.

The Day of the Lord was always taught as post-tribulational. If you are right, then either Chapter 4 is also post-tribulational, or the Day of the Lord is the same as the rapture

This part of Chapter 5 was described as the Tribulation. It raises the question, if we're not going to go through the tribulation, why should we care, and why would Paul think we'd care? If this is not the tribulation, what is it?

This is a favorite pre-Trib verse. But alas, it cannot pass the Butler rule--that is, that it must not be subject to any other interpretation. This one is. The wrath could very well be God's condemnation to eternal punishment, particularly when it is contrasted immediately with the appointment to salvation by the Lord Jesus. And there is no reason to suggest that the salvation Paul mentions is deliverance from the tribulation.

Further, the source of the wrath (as well as the salvation) is God himself.

Another point: To whom will the day of the Lord come like a thief in the night--totally unexpected? And why did Paul then say that the believers would not be caught by surprise? Would they know it's coming because of prophesied events?

Then, we have the passage in Revelation 7
    Hmmm, they came out of the tribulation. Gobs of people from every nation. I think they were martyrs, killed because of their faith, but it doesn't change the fact that they were believers, in the tribulation.

These were not just Jews. Most appear to be Gentiles.

#89 Tom Butler, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

People will be saved during the trib from every nation. The pastor I grew up under said if you didn't receive Christ prior to the trib you were doomed. But scripture in revelation says those who take the mark of the beast are doomed if one doesn't take the mark they can be saved and yes there will be many martyrs in heaven from the tribulation.

The balance of 1 Thessalonians 5 deals with our conduct and Paul says brethern in verse 12 that would mean he was writing to believers of this Age. Notice the term in verse 11 comfort yourselves together how does chapter 4 end comfort one another with these words. We are to find comfort in fact that:
    1. Christ is returning
    2. God has not appointed us to wrath
    3. We live together with Christ
    So we are to edify, build each other up.

Then of course we see what is meant by wrath when we see the 2 Peter 2 passsage and Lot like us is pulled out before the judgement (temptation) same word in the greek as in Revelation 3:10 Lot was taken out before the trouble or trial of Sodom and Gommorah, same greek word used in Peter as in Revelation 3:10. "Peirasmos" meaning:

an experiment, attempt, trial, proving
    trial, proving: the trial made of you by my bodily condition, since condition served as to test the love of the Galatians toward Paul (Gal. 4:

the trial of man's fidelity, integrity, virtue, constancy
    an enticement to sin, temptation, whether arising from the desires or from the outward circumstances
    an internal temptation to sin 1b
    of the temptation by which the devil sought to divert Jesus the Messiah from his divine errand
    of the condition of things, or a mental state, by which we are enticed to sin, or to a lapse from the faith and holiness
    adversity, affliction, trouble: sent by God and serving to test or prove one's character, faith, holiness
    temptation (i.e. trial) of God by men
    rebellion against God, by which his power and justice are, as it were, put to the proof and challenged to show themselves

Notice it doesn't just carry the concept of temptation but also can mean adversity, affliction, trouble can also mean a trial.

Of which Jeremiah calls it Jacob's trouble.

Jeremiah 30:7
    Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.

Lot vexing his soul daily amoung the great sin, what do we see in our world, sin all around, and yet God delivered him from judgement and He will deliver us prior to the judgement of the tribulation.

11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Ah but you see they are nothing in the text shows them not to be anything but literally taking place and most match up with Daniel and Ezekials prophecy.

12. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Say, what about that angel with the pillars for legs, one on the land, the other in the sea? That is one huge angel.

And how about that "last hour" that the Apostle John spoke of as already happening in the 1st century? Those 60 minutes were up long time ago.

Believing in metaphorical language in Scripture - especially in these apocalyptical sections - is not a disavowal of Scripture. It is an understanding of it. "These things are spiritually understood."

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

But the literal return of Christ to rule and regin on Davids throne is a literal return. It entails a 1000 year period with Satan bound and that has not happened as John says it will in Revelation. His return for His Bride the Chruch has not yet happened these are literal prophecies.

Peter said that we as believers are to be watching and not be decieved by the false teaching of scoffers.

2 Peter 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Paul said there must first be a falling away before Christ would return, the church was increasing in 70 A.D. not decreasing, yet people were already teaching He had come or was soon coming and Paul said:

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

16Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

17Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Neither verse 2 or 3 has occured and that must occur before Christ returns. Before His Kingdom is set up the man of perdition must be revealed. Before He returns for the church there must be a falling away.
    Verse 7 when He that letteth is taken away then the wicked one will be revealed (8), again that has not occured.

Until these things occur Christ will not return. The believers of the 1st century forward have continued to look forthe return of Christ first for His church then to set up His Kingdom on Earth. Neither have occured but one prophecy has occured in that time,

2 Peter 3:2That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

There are scoffers walking after their own lust saying where is the promise of His coming? Those in Pauls time who had told the Thessalonicans He had already come, both are shown by the Apostles to be false teaching, and doctrines created after man's own lust and to me by their own interpretation not based on scripture. Scripture proves that teaching to be wrong and scripture shows He has not yet returned, but the falling away has started as believers fallaway from truth and go to fables.

2 Timothey 4: 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

That time is here as is:
    15Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Verse 16 Peter and the others believed not cunningly devised fables, the prophecy of old time came from the Holy Spirit as men were moved to write and the Holy Spirit reveals that truth to us if we are in tune with Him.

Peter says this about those who teach such things:

2 Peter 2: 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

The truth is spoken evil of and people rewards are stolen as I stated in an earlier post for they lose Love for His returning when they lose sight of the fact that they are to be watching for His return and not following the fables that He already has.

14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom, in case you ain't noticed, revmwc loves to lob gobs of c & p at his opponent; I never have figgered what he thinks he's accomplishing by doing this, I never read that stuff.

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The only copy and paste is something called the scripture the word of God, that is the only thing you see copied and pasted, wevidently you object to copying and pasting scripture. Everything else is mine. If I copy someoneelse I will place quotes around it. Funny how you find fault with scripture.

16. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. I think he needs to change his handle to "Scroll down". That is what I do when he flings all those verses.

Maybe "RevACV" would be better. Select all, copy, paste.:type: He falsely accused me of doing that with my lengthy article, but that is more his style.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

interesting that both of you have a problem when scripture is copied that needs to be answered, and instead you scoff at the scripture. what else should I expect though.

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Blessed are they that are perfect in the way, Who walk in the law of Jehovah.

2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, That seek him with the whole heart.

3 Yea, they do no unrighteousness; They walk in his ways.

4 Thou hast commanded us thy precepts, That we should observe them diligently.

5 Oh that my ways were established To observe thy statutes!

6 Then shall I not be put to shame, When I have respect unto all thy commandments.

7 I will give thanks unto thee with uprightness of heart, When I learn thy righteous judgments.

8 I will observe thy statutes: Oh forsake me not utterly. BETH.

9 Wherewith shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.

10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: Oh let me not wander from thy commandments.

11 Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.

12 Blessed art thou, O Jehovah: Teach me thy statutes.

13 With my lips have I declared All the ordinances of thy mouth.

14 I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, As much as in all riches.

15 I will meditate on thy precepts, And have respect unto thy ways.

16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. GIMEL.

17 Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live; So will I observe thy word.

18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold Wondrous things out of thy law.

19 I am a sojourner in the earth: Hide not thy commandments from me.

20 My soul breaketh for the longing That it hath unto thine ordinances at all times.

21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, That do wander from thy commandments.

22 Take away from me reproach and contempt; For I have kept thy testimonies.

23 Princes also sat and talked against me; But thy servant did meditate on thy statutes.

24 Thy testimonies also are my delight And my counsellors. DALETH.

25 My soul cleaveth unto the dust: Quicken thou me according to thy word.

26 I declared my ways, and thou answeredst me: Teach me thy statutes.

27 Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: So shall I meditate on thy wondrous works.

28 My soul melteth for heaviness: Strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

29 Remove from me the way of falsehood; And grant me thy law graciously.

30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness: Thine ordinances have I set before me.

31 I cleave unto thy testimonies: O Jehovah, put me not to shame.

32 I will run the way of thy commandments, When thou shalt enlarge my heart. HE.

33 Teach me, O Jehovah, the way of thy statutes; And I shall keep it unto the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; Yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; For therein do I delight.

36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, And not to covetousness.

37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity, And quicken me in thy ways.

38 Confirm unto thy servant thy word, Which is in order unto the fear of thee.

39 Turn away my reproach whereof I am afraid; For thine ordinances are good.

40 Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: Quicken me in thy righteousness. VAV.

41 Let thy lovingkindnesses also come unto me, O Jehovah, Even thy salvation, according to thy word.

42 So shall I have an answer for him that reproacheth me; For I trust in thy word.

43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; For I have hoped in thine ordinances.

44 So shall I observe thy law continually For ever and ever.

45 And I shall walk at liberty; For I have sought thy precepts.

46 I will also speak of thy testimonies before kings, And shall not be put to shame.

47 And I will delight myself in thy commandments, Which I have loved.

48 I will lift up my hands also unto thy commandments, which I have loved; And I will meditate on thy statutes. ZAYIN.

49 Remember the word unto thy servant, Because thou hast made me to hope.

50 This is my comfort in my affliction; For thy word hath quickened me.

51 The proud have had me greatly in derision: Yet have I not swerved from thy law.

52 I have remembered thine ordinances of old, O Jehovah, And have comforted myself.

53 Hot indignation hath taken hold upon me, Because of the wicked that forsake thy law.

54 Thy statutes have been my songs In the house of my pilgrimage.

55 I have remembered thy name, O Jehovah, in the night, And have observed thy law.

56 This I have had, Because I have kept thy precepts. HHETH.

57 Jehovah is my portion: I have said that I would observe thy words.

58 I entreated thy favor with my whole heart: Be merciful unto me according to thy word.

59 I thought on my ways, And turned my feet unto thy testimonies.

60 I made haste, and delayed not, To observe thy commandments.

61 The cords of the wicked have wrapped me round; But I have not forgotten thy law.

62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee Because of thy righteous ordinances.

63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, And of them that observe thy precepts.

64 The earth, O Jehovah, is full of thy lovingkindness: Teach me thy statutes. TETH.

65 Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O Jehovah, according unto thy word.

66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge; For I have believed in thy commandments.

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray; But now I observe thy word.

68 Thou art good, and doest good; Teach me thy statutes.

69 The proud have forged a lie against me: With my whole heart will I keep thy precepts.

70 Their heart is as fat as grease; But I delight in thy law.

71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; That I may learn thy statutes.

72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me Than thousands of gold and silver. YODH.

73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: Give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

74 They that fear thee shall see me and be glad, Because I have hoped in thy word.

75 I know, O Jehovah, that thy judgments are righteous, And that in faithfulness thou hast afflicted me.

76 Let, I pray thee, thy lovingkindness be for my comfort, According to thy word unto thy servant.

77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live; For thy law is my delight.

78 Let the proud be put to shame; For they have overthrown me wrongfully: But I will meditate on thy precepts.

79 Let those that fear thee turn unto me; And they shall know thy testimonies.

80 Let my heart be perfect in thy statutes, That I be not put to shame. KAPH.

81 My soul fainteth for thy salvation; But I hope in thy word.

82 Mine eyes fail for thy word, While I say, When wilt thou comfort me?

83 For I am become like a wine-skin in the smoke; Yet do I not forget thy statutes.

84 How many are the days of thy servant? When wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me?

85 The proud have digged pits for me, Who are not according to thy law.

86 All thy commandments are faithful: They persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.

87 They had almost consumed me upon earth; But I forsook not thy precepts. LAMEDH.

88 Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; So shall I observe the testimony of thy mouth.

89 For ever, O Jehovah, Thy word is settled in heaven.

90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: Thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.

91 They abide this day according to thine ordinances; For all things are thy servants.

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    92 Unless thy law had been my delight, I should then have perished in mine affliction.

93 I will never forget thy precepts; For with them thou hast quickened me.

94 I am thine, save me; For I have sought thy precepts.

95 The wicked have waited for me, to destroy me; But I will consider thy testimonies. MEM.

96 I have seen an end of all perfection; But thy commandment is exceeding broad.

97 Oh how love I thy law! It is my meditation all the day.

98 Thy commandments make me wiser than mine enemies; For they are ever with me.

99 I have more understanding than all my teachers; For thy testimonies are my meditation.

100 I understand more than the aged, Because I have kept thy precepts.

101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, That I might observe thy word.

102 I have not turned aside from thine ordinances; For thou hast taught me.

103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: Therefore I hate every false way. NUN.

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And light unto my path.

106 I have sworn, and have confirmed it, That I will observe thy righteous ordinances.

107 I am afflicted very much: Quicken me, O Jehovah, according unto thy word.

108 Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill-offerings of my mouth, O Jehovah, And teach me thine ordinances.

109 My soul is continually in my hand; Yet do I not forget thy law.

110 The wicked have laid a snare for me; Yet have I not gone astray from thy precepts.

111 Thy testimonies have I taken as a heritage for ever; For they are the rejoicing of my heart.

112 I have inclined my heart to perform thy statutes For ever, even unto the end. SAMEKH.

113 I hate them that are of a double mind; But thy law do I love.

114 Thou art my hiding-place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

115 Depart from me, ye evil-doers, That I may keep the commandments of my God.

116 Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live; And let me not be ashamed of my hope.

117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe, And shall have respect unto thy statutes continually.

118 Thou hast set at nought all them that err from thy statutes; For their deceit is falsehood.

119 Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross: Therefore I love thy testimonies.

120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; And I am afraid of thy judgments. AYIN.

121 I have done justice and righteousness: Leave me not to mine oppressors.

122 Be surety for thy servant for good: Let not the proud oppress me.

123 Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, And for thy righteous word.

124 Deal with thy servant according unto thy lovingkindness, And teach me thy statutes.

125 I am thy servant; give me understanding, That I may know thy testimonies.

126 It is time for Jehovah to work; For they have made void thy law.

127 Therefore I love thy commandments Above gold, yea, above fine gold.

128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; And I hate every false way. PE.

129 Thy testimonies are wonderful; Therefore doth my soul keep them.

130 The opening of thy words giveth light; It giveth understanding unto the simple.

131 I opened wide my mouth, and panted; For I longed for thy commandments.

132 Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me, As thou usest to do unto those that love thy name.

133 Establish my footsteps in thy word; And let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

134 Redeem me from the oppression of man: So will I observe thy precepts.

135 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; And teach me thy statutes.

136 Streams of water run down mine eyes, Because they observe not thy law. TSADHE.

137 Righteous art thou, O Jehovah, And upright are thy judgments.

138 Thou hast commanded thy testimonies in righteousness And very faithfulness.

139 My zeal hath consumed me, Because mine adversaries have forgotten thy words.

140 Thy word is very pure; Therefore thy servant loveth it.

141 I am small and despised; Yet do I not forget thy precepts.

142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And thy law is truth.

143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me; Yet thy commandments are my delight.

144 Thy testimonies are righteous for ever: Give me understanding, and I shall live. QOPH.

145 I have called with my whole heart; answer me, O Jehovah: I will keep thy statutes.

146 I have called unto thee; save me, And I shall observe thy testimonies.

147 I anticipated the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in thy words.

148 Mine eyes anticipated the night-watches, That I might meditate on thy word.

149 Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: Quicken me, O Jehovah, according to thine ordinances.

150 They draw nigh that follow after wickedness; They are far from thy law.

151 Thou art nigh, O Jehovah; And all thy commandments are truth.

152 Of old have I known from thy testimonies, That thou hast founded them for ever. RESH.

153 Consider mine affliction, and deliver me; For I do not forget thy law.

154 Plead thou my cause, and redeem me: Quicken me according to thy word.

155 Salvation is far from the wicked; For they seek not thy statutes.

156 Great are thy tender mercies, O Jehovah: Quicken me according to thine ordinances.

157 Many are my persecutors and mine adversaries; Yet have I not swerved from thy testimonies.

158 I beheld the treacherous, and was grieved, Because they observe not thy word.

159 Consider how I love thy precepts: Quicken me, O Jehovah, according to thy lovingkindness.

160 The sum of thy word is truth; And every one of thy righteous ordinances endureth for ever. SHIN.

161 Princes have persecuted me without a cause; But my heart standeth in awe of thy words.

162 I rejoice at thy word, As one that findeth great spoil.

163 I hate and abhor falsehood; But thy law do I love.

164 Seven times a day do I praise thee, Because of thy righteous ordinances.

165 Great peace have they that love thy law; And they have no occasion of stumbling.

166 I have hoped for thy salvation, O Jehovah, And have done thy commandments.

167 My soul hath observed thy testimonies; And I love them exceedingly.

168 I have observed thy precepts and thy testimonies; For all my ways are before thee. TAV.

169 Let my cry come near before thee, O Jehovah: Give me understanding according to thy word.

170 Let my supplication come before thee: Deliver me according to thy word.

171 Let my lips utter praise; For thou teachest me thy statutes.

172 Let my tongue sing of thy word; For all thy commandments are righteousness.

173 Let thy hand be ready to help me; For I have chosen thy precepts.

174 I have longed for thy salvation, O Jehovah; And thy law is my delight.

175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; And let thine ordinances help me.

176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; Seek thy servant; For I do not forget thy commandments. Ps 119

20. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    deleted. Not worth it.

(This was an answer to RevACV's post, not yours', KyRed ; )

#100 asterisktom, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012