1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus Calling: New Age?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 9, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

That was polite. There are all sorts of descriptives I could have used from which I refrained.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't know that you were refuting Winman regarding this book.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe I should start using the word Rabbit again but no I wish to be polite.

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyTpzyggDg

#23 evangelist6589, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  4. Winman

Winman Active Member

My point was that you seem to read all sorts of books all the time, one more couldn't hurt could it?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Winman - If I were going to give you a review of a book like I did to Evan, would you accept the review of a Calvinist - even though this has nothing to do with Calvinism? I personally don't check the stance on free will/election before I will read something worthwhile but it seems Evan feels that others do. Help me understand?

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I won't read that devil of a book!

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will not read it and I will counsel everyone I know to stay away from it.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Sure I would.

Let me say something here and now, I don't hate Calvinists, I simply disagree with Calvinism.

That said, there are a few Calvinists here that know how to push my buttons, and I am sure I annoy many of them. That is the nature of disagreement.

I would value their opinions on many other things. If I was going to buy a new car for instance, I would gladly listen to a Calvinist who owns that model of car and heed their advice. Or if I bought a new computer, or most anything really.

I would even listen to a Calvinist about scripture if they could truly present a good argument supported by scripture. But if they just parrot Calvinism and say things like "A man cannot believe unless he is regenerated" without scripture to back it up, I find that very annoying. In fact, I think that type of post should be prohibited, what use is it?

Post your view, but back it up with scripture.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's what I thought. I think the OP has decided that unless you are of the Calvie camp, you will not accept anything written by a Calvie and honestly, I've never seen that to be the truth. I read a lot of books and don't always know the author's stance on the Doctrines of Grace and honestly, that doesn't affect a lot of things. This book has nothing to do with that part of theology but it questions whether or not God has new revelations for us today. This particular book "oogs" me out (a term we use when we are creeped out by something) even just because of the capitalizations that she uses like "Presence" and "Love". Just who are those two??

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, as I wrote in another thread, I only have a couple of books, and those were given to me as presents. So, I pretty much have nothing to say about books.

I will say this though, we all believe Jesus speaks to us in some way, although I don't think I could put it accurately into words. Usually when I pray and ask questions, certain scripture comes to mind, and I consider this God giving me the answer. Sometimes I ask over and over again, and sometimes it takes a long time to get an answer.

But I wouldn't write a book on this, this is something a Catholic or Charismatic would go for. I'm not into mystical stuff at all.

But I would listen to Calvinists, I would listen to YOU.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree - and I'd listen to you too! :thumbs:

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are an anti-intellectual which is common among KJVO types. You fail to see the value in open air preaching because you do not read. Was reading about a man last night from another century that open air preached to drunks even when they did not listen! He got harassed and heckled but he still did it! He would preach even without a crowd! If you would read history books you would understand.

By his testimony and the testimony of someone else from 1910 I want to go open air preach in front of the Denver United Methodist Church about their hell bound false doctrine!!!

#32 evangelist6589, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anti-Intellectualism. Do you not hear yourself WinMan? What of all the preachers in the past that you do not know about because you fail to read?

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, it's obvious to everyone that you are far more intellectual than I am.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop trying to divert the subject. I was not talking about me.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

Right, it's also obvious you were not talking about yourself. :rolleyes:

17. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Hi Winman. I'm reformed. My opinion as a calvinist is that you should not eat a lawnmower. I think it is unwise and contrary to God's desire that we walk in wisdom.

If Evangelist is correct, Winman will now promptly go out and eat a lawnmower...but I suspect he won't. :)

In fact, Winman may even agree that the advice I've given is good and right, and should be heeded by all, cal or non-cal alike!

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay I was wrong on WinMan.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if you woud prefer to stay in Charasmatic Chaos, be my guest!

l

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOT all the way there yet for being a Reformed proper, as still holding, like Dr MacArthur, to our "leaky Dispy" views!