1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus Christ Saves Lost Sinners

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by OldRegular, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Until you read the actual Sequence that Calvinists are promoting and the fact that the lost in Rev 3:20 are saved in responding to invitation of Christ.

obviously.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

One would think that you would just once get something correct even by accident!

3. OldRegular

I started this thread hoping for some rational discussion about a significant verse of Scripture and it deteriorates into a typical exchange of barbs between Calvinists and Arminians. The OP is:

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because "obviously" the Gospel APPEAL in Rev 3 with Christ OUTSIDE -- and the Christless sinner alone without Christ on the inside being told that he must first OPEN the door and only THEN will Christ come in - is a Bible point that 4 and 5 point Calvinism does not survive.

More than a "little" obvious to objective unbiased readers.

ok well I did say "objective unbiased readers".

One would think that you would just once get something correct even by accident!

oops -- I see we both had the same idea....

in Christ,

Bob

#44 BobRyan, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 Tim 1[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]12 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 13 even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; 14 and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. 15 It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. 16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The God of the Bible "came to seek and save the lost". Luke 19:10, Matt 18:11

He came to His OWN and His OWN received Him not” John1:11

God sent His Son to be the Savior of the WORLD” 1John 4:14[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Acts 17[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]24 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ 29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. 30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 Tim 2[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2 Pet 3[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]9 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 John 2[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Jesus Christ “is the Atoning Sacrifice for OUR sins and NOT for OUR sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD” [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Eph 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

6. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :laugh:

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every SDA I've ever met were vegetarians. Other than keeping Saturday holy, has BobRyan ever included the necessity of eating no meat in his formula to save sinners from hell?

What about it BobRyan? What do we sinners here on the BB have to do to go to heaven according to YOUR SDA method?

Bare bones minimum, SDA formula for life and immortality. PUH-LEASE tell me how to get to heaven by your method.

#47 kyredneck, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Looks like we also got the answer of someone who opposes the Covenant salvation that was perfectly accomplished:thumbs::thumbs:

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Was Christ 100 % successful in seeking and saving that which was lost Lk 19:10 ?

10. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was He 100% successful in forever perfecting you?

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I'm not here to discuss me. If you want to know about me, wait until Judgment Day, or maybe later on down the road I will write a Book about me and send you a free copy, OK ? Until then, I am here to proclaim what Christ did, the Gospel is about Him and what He has done, not about me !

12. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You want to talk about what He did, and that He did it only for those who are His..

But you don't want to talk about you ???

Is that a way of saying you aren't His?

Any discussion about what He did for His own can be localized to me, for I am His.

Are you not able to say the same?

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So I guess you didnt understand what I said. Ok fine !

14. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understood exactly what you wrote. Maybe you didn't mean what you wrote.

You want to talk about what Christ did for the saints, but you don't want to talk about you.

Therefore, you have separated yourself from the saints.

Like I said, what He did for the saints can be brought home, specifically to me. That's because I belong to Him.

If you are His, then you should have no problem affirming for yourself what He accomplished for all those who are His.

If you don't want to make it about you specifically, then there are two options as far as I see it:

1) you really don't understand what you've agreed to doctrinally. You're simply parroting others, and have a dust deep understanding of the greatness of His sacrifice. You need to press on to maturity, leaving the elementary things. You are in no position to argue, for lack of understanding.

Or....
    2) you don't belong to Him

So...are you perfect?

I am. In my inner man. Sinless, not able to sin. Washed clean, made a new creation, and sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption of my body.

#54 JamesL, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  15. OldRegular

Who is claiming a Christless Gospel or Christless saved state?

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Lost sinners that Jesus saves, are no longer Lost since He saved them. The sinners that are still lost therefore are not sinners Christ came to seek and to save ! If He did come to seek and to save sinners that are still lost and not save, then He would have failed in His Mission ! So all the sinners that He came to seek and to save, He is 100 % successful in doing that ! Now who wants to challenge that ?

17. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

You should restate that as "chosen sinners", or "chosen lost", not sinners as a whole or in general! Some sinners are forever lost even if they accept a call, according to your Satanic gospel!

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you believe that Christ is 100 % successful in seeking and saving the lost that He came to seek and to save ? Yea or No ?

19. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

First, do you believe your leader Calvin was a murderer who put to death those that rejected his Satanic gospel? Why would he put to death people who were not chosen to begin with? Because he did the work of Satan and you follow him!

20. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it would behoove you to leave your philosophical, dust deep theology and get into the scriptures.

Where is it written "now this necessarily means that" ??
    Your ideas (well, they're not really yours) are 95% philosophy and 5% scripture

Whether an idea is correct or not may not be the issue. You're presuming to speak for God, when scripture doesn't explicitly state much of your juvenile rant.

Scary, man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.