1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Jesus Christ The Apple Tree"

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by church mouse guy, Dec 18, 2004.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Christ The Apple Tree

The tree of life my soul hath seen,
    Laden with fruit and always green:
    The tree of life my soul hath seen,
    Laden with fruit and always green:
    The trees of nature fruitless be
    Compared with Christ the apple tree....

I'm weary with my former toil,
    Here I will sit and rest awhile:
    I'm weary with my former toil,
    Here I will sit and rest awhile:
    Under the shadow I will be,
    Of Jesus Christ the apple tree.

Compiled by Joshua Smith, New Hampshire, 1784

Merry Christmas!

web page, click here, "Jesus Christ The Apple Tree"

2. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Under the Apple Tree
    by
    C. H. SPURGEON
    (1834-1892)

"I sat down under His shadow with great delight,
    and His fruit was sweet to my taste."
    Solomon's Song 2:3.

Christ known, should be Christ used. The spouse knew her Beloved to be like a fruit-bearing tree, and at once she sat under His shadow, and fed upon His fruit. It is a pity that we can know so much about Christ, and yet enjoy Him so little. May our experience keep pace with our knowledge, and may that experience be composed of a practical using of our Lord!

Jesus casts a shadow, let us sit under it: Jesus yields fruit, let us taste the sweetness of it. Depend upon it, that the way to learn more, is to use what you know; and, moreover, the way to learn a truth thoroughly is to learn it 'experimentally'. You know a doctrine beyond all fear of contradiction when you have proved it for yourself by personal test and trial. The bride in the song as good as says, "I am certain that my Beloved casts a shadow, for I have sat under it, and I am persuaded that He bears sweet fruit, for I have tasted of it." The best way of demonstrating the power of Christ to save, is to trust in Him and be saved yourself; and of all those who are sure of the divinity of their holy faith, there are none so certain as those who feel its divine power upon themselves. You may perhaps reason yourself into a belief of the gospel, and you may perhaps by further reasoning keep yourself orthodox. But a personal evaluation, and an inward knowing of the truth, are incomparably the best evidences of the reality of divine life in the soul.

If Jesus is as an apple tree among the trees of the woods, do not keep away from Him, but sit under His shadow, and taste His fruit. He is a Saviour- do not believe the fact and yet remain unsaved. As far as Christ is known to you, so far make use of Him. Is not this sound common-sense?

web page--click here--Under the Apple Tree by Spurgeon

Ven a mi casa esta navidad

cmg

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really am going to rest under the shadow of the apple tree and listen to Christmas music for the rest of the week.

If you have nowhere else to go, don't sit home alone, but come to my house this Christmas ( "ven a mi casa esta navidad" )--there is a place at my table for you....

cmg