1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus Died For ALL our sins, so what does refusal to confess Do?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no limit to the number of passages Calvinism must deny to present the man-made doctrine.

The issue is not that the gospel was presented to four kinds of people, the issue is Calvinism claims only a regenerate heart would receive it, but three received it. Therefore Calvinism is mistaken doctrine.

The issue is not that Jesus was talking about those who hinder salvation, the issue is that people were entering heaven and were blocked by false teaching. This demonstrates both total spiritual inability and irresistible grace are mistaken doctrines.

You deny God credits our faith as righteousness or not!
    You deny God sets us apart in Christ!
    You deny we are made alive - regenerated - together with Christ, i.e. when we are placed in Christ.
    You deny we are chosen by God for salvation through faith in the truth!

#61 Van, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if none o fus were to be offiicially adopted by God until time of glorification, then does that mean all believers have never been adopted yet, so not children of God or just what? as ONLY those who have the Spriit by adoption can and are called His own!

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To DENY Jesus, a Picture Says It ALL!

[​IMG]

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Peter 2:1 says some deny that Jesus died for them - the lost, i.e. Calvinists.

To say we eagerly await the adoption we already had is simply Calvinist nonsense, aimed at nullifying scripture.

We become children of God when we are born anew.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Peter 2:1?

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops, make that 2 Peter 2:1. Thanks for the correction.

False teachers deny they were bought by the blood of Jesus. Thus, even the unsaved, the lost, those bring destruction upon themselves have been bought by the blood of Jesus. He laid down his life as a ransom for all, not just the elect.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if me and DHK deny that adoption is as you state, that we fall under false teachers now, denying Jesus?

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice how the Calvinist baits and puts words in the mouth, never addressing what is said. All the Calvinist does is change the subject, and never addresses the topic.

False teachers deny they were bought by the blood of Jesus. Thus, even the unsaved, the lost, those bringing destruction upon themselves have been bought by the blood of Jesus. He laid down his life as a ransom for all, not just the elect.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not a Calvinist. But to see an unnecessary attack on Calvinists like this is totally unwarranted. The doctrine of adoption has nothing to do with Calvinism.
    Your understanding of "the adoption" is completely different than mine.
    You are not a Calvinist as far as I know, and neither am I.

Please get out of attack mode and discuss the Scriptures.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi DHK, I know, and have known for years, you are not a Calvinist. I have never said nor suggested you were a Calvinist. I am not in attack mode, I am in truth telling mode.

False teachers in 2 Peter 2:1 deny they were bought by the blood of Jesus. Thus, even the unsaved, the lost, those bringing destruction upon themselves have been bought by the blood of Jesus. He laid down his life as a ransom for all, not just the elect.

Next, DHK, you assert "adoption" as nothing to do with Calvinism. I believe you are mistaken. Calvinism claims individuals were predestined to salvation, and they support this assertion using Ephesians 1:5, defining "adoption" as becoming children of God. That is mistaken doctrine. We became children of God when God placed us into Christ, where we were reborn as spiritual children of God, new creations. We did not become children of God through adoption.

#70 Van, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The false teachers referred to in 2 Peter 2 are those who bring damnable heresies into the church for the sole purpose of "making merchandise of the people." That would fit a person like Benny Hinn, not our Calvinist brethren. You are wrongly attacking their salvation at this point and accusing them of being false teachers; unsaved; denying the Lord; having pernicious ways; and their end will be with swift destruction.
    Now if that is how you view Dr. Bob, and the many others that are Calvinists that are here you shouldn't be here. You are entitled to your opinion but to declare all Calvinists as unsaved and heretical evil teachers is wrong.
    We can't take a pair of scissors and cut the verse out of the Bible. It is there.
    Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
    6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
    --Obviously predestination is taught in the Bible. The "us" does refer to believers. In this passage it is my opinion that believers are predestined to good works, as clarified in verse 6: "to the praise of the glory of his grace." However, others are entitled to their view of Scripture. That doesn't make them heretics and unbelievers. To attack them as such is wrong.

I believe we did become adopted when we were born again, but that the new birth and adoption are completely different. The one has to do with regeneration; the other has to do with "placement." We are also sanctified at the time of salvation. You don't equate that to the new birth do you? There are many things that happen at the time when a person is born again.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi DHK, I am not attacking anyone's salvation. You use that false charge as a club. I have said this many times and you should start listening. No one is saved by believing the right doctrines, whether Arminian or Calvinist. We are saved when God credits our faith, our love and devotion to Christ, as righteousness. Therefore to attack Calvinism does not question anyone's salvation.

2 Peter 2:1 is clear, the false teachers deny the Master who bought them. Pretty clear! False teachers were bought.

Next, you falsely charge me with wanting to nullify Ephesians 1:5. Quit attributing false motives to me and address scripture.

The predestination taught in scripture has to do with what will happen to everyone God places spiritually in Christ. It has nothing to do with being predestined to be placed in Christ. Paul defines adoption as the redemption of our bodies at Christ's second coming. You do not accept that view, and then charge me with looking for scissors.

I have posted explicitly what the Bible says concerning what happens when God puts us spiritually in Christ.

Here it is again!

1) We undergo the circumcision of Christ, where our body of flesh (sin burden) is removed. Thus we are justified.

2) When God puts us in Christ, that is being set apart, sanctified, in Christ, called positional sanctification.

3) After undergoing the circumcision of Christ, we arise in Christ a new creation, born anew, regenerated, made alive. We are born into God's family, thus we are God's children, brethren of the firstborn.

4) We are sealed in Christ with the Holy Spirit as a pledge to our inheritance, which includes being bodily redeemed at Christ's second coming.

5) We are predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, and we are predestined to adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

Many things happen when God places us spiritually in Christ, spiritual redemption, regeneration, made alive, made holy and blameless and perfect, justified, sanctified positionally, but no where in scripture does any verse equate being born anew with adoption.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To become the children of the father IS to become adopted by Him, to become aprt of the Family of God!

oaul stated that we have NOW rceived the Spriit unto adoption, that we have NOW the assurance of being one of His children, so to God, we have officially been already adopted, just as we have been justified and saunctified and glorified in His mind as done deal, just up to us in this time to receive all of that we are entitled to have!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are not vredited /merited before God by acts of love/devotion/faith etc, as ALL that we are credited with is the rightousness of jesus Chrsit, NONE of what we can add to that!

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You attributed those false teachers as being Calvinists.

Read the context:
    2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
    3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
    4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

These are the unsaved false teachers that you said were Calvinists.
    That is wrong and unethical of you to do so.
    You should stop posting if you can't do so in grace. There is no one here that fits this description.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have NO problem with discussing/disagreeing on doctrines or interpretations, but think brother van had his calvinism hatred get the better of him here!