1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus died for you

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Psalm 95, Apr 5, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Other

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

If a person can know they are a christian, and assuming a person knows and says they are a christian, and that same person is a calvinist, then how can you say Christ may not have died for them?
    Your statement is a thinly veiled attack against a group of people on the board challenging and even dismissing their salvation.
    How sad is that.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Then the whole world would be getting saved wouldn't they,
    oh, no I forgot, in your theology, God isn't soverign, and man is in control.

3. standingfirminChrist

The main point of my post is that they think Christ only died for certain people. With that kind of pride, how can they be sure they are in that group that they say Christ died for?

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Because the bible says you can know your are saved. Thats how a christian can be for sure.

5. standingfirminChrist

The Bible says Christ died for all mankind, yet many say He died only for certain and not all... teaching contrary to the Bible.

My Bible says not to believe them if they bring another Gospel. Think I will trust the Word of God which states that Christ died for all, that He is drawing all, that He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance, that whosoever will may come and not 'Only those I pull the string on to raise their hands can enter eternal life.'

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to repeat so many things dozens of times , yet it still does not sink in . I am starting to think it is deliberate .

No Calvinist believes only Calvinists are saved . No Calvinist belives only Calvinists are among the elect . If you are saved , you are elect .

SFIC , I think you doubt your salvation . If you believe that you are a sinner in need of the salvation which Christ secured at the cross . If you believe that His sacrifice is the only means of taking away your sins and giving forgiveness of them -- you are saved . That means you are in the beloved , you are among the elect and have been so since before the creation of the world .In the realm of time you have been saved . Your salvation was granted by the Lord . He caused you to be born from above .

7. standingfirminChrist

BINGO! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner. Give the man a kewpie doll.

The Word of God tells me not to believe false doctrine.

Me? Doubt my Salvation? You've got to be kidding.

Jesus caused my salvation? No, He saved me; but He certainly did not cause me to be saved. I am not a puppet who was manipulated into raising my hand and confessing Christ without my own free will involved.

#27 standingfirminChrist, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I get a kewpie doll for the above ? That , specifically is what I have had to repeat dozens of times . Do you understand now , or will you go off on some tangent again ?

9. standingfirminChrist

I have understood all along. Wish I could say the same for you.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post of yours proves that you have indeed not understood all along . Or it proves that you are mendacious . Take your pick .

11. standingfirminChrist

It neither proves that I do not understand, nor that I am telling lies as you accuse me of.

I am very familiar with the teaching that Christ died only for the elect... a false doctrine since the Word of God declares that Christ died for everyone.

I am very familiar with the teaching that Christ regenerates a person before they can be born again... a false doctrine since the Scripture declares that one can only be saved by calling on the name of the Lord and believing on Him.

I am very familiar with the docrine that man is unable to respond to the gospel of his own... a false doctrine since the Scripture tells us to choose whom we will serve.

I refute all of the former and cling to the latter due to the fact that the former is 'another gospel' other than that which was once delivered to the saints.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay , Listen Up !

The above is specifically what I have been addressing .You are welcome to your rabbit trails since you will not acknowledge the point I have been making .Commence hopping . I won't join you .

13. standingfirminChrist

No, but the Calvinist's believe only the elect will be saved, that only the elect were died for. Scripture refutes the false doctrine that Christ died only for the elect.

It seems you are thy one hopping down a rabbit trail trying hard not to admit the truth.

14. standingfirminChrist

If it is only the elect that are saved, why did Paul not refer to himself as elect?

Why did John refer to himself as elect in his Epistles? Why did he not call Gaius elect?

Fact is, it is not just the elect that are saved. It is 'whosoever will.'

Elect simply means chosen for some type of service.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Each person is part of the world...so yes I do.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is a lie, and you know it. The whole "man is in control" argument is as lame as they get. Don't tell me what I believe. I believe God is most definately sovereign, and I would expect this would be the last time I hear you say that.
    Were all of the israelites saved due to the atonement being made on their behalf?

17. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Man is not in control, he just thinks he is. He does, however, have a free will.

He is offered the gift of salvation, but he can refuse to accept it.

If he accepts it, he will go to Heaven. If he rejects it, he will go to Hell.

So simple even a child can understand...

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually the wording of "whosoever" is misleading you and others here . It is not so indiscriminate . I checked the wording of Romans 10:13 in a number of Bible translations . In the TNIV , NLTse , NET Bible , NRSV , ISV , HCSB and ESV it is rendered "Everyone who ..." Joel 2:32 (which Romans 10:13 is based upon ) has "Everyone who ..." also in these translations . Similar wordings would probably be found in John 3:16 and other passages in which you have it rendered "Whosoever" .

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Since Calvinists do not believe it's biblical to say "Christ died for you," here's the best alternative:

"Christ died for sinners just like you."

And a question before I exit this discussion: Is there any among us who confess Christ as Lord and Savior who was saved against their will? Can any of you say you were dragged kicking and screaming into the kingdom, shouting "I don't want to be saved and you can't make me. I won't, I won't......oh rats, God just made me get saved."

20. standingfirminChrist

Christ does not make anyone get saved. It is His will that all be saved, but not all will come to Him that they might have life.