1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Feeds Two Separate Crowds?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 11, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would appear to me, that Jesus fed one crowd of 5,000 according to Matthew 14:13-21, Mark 6:31-44, Luke 9:10-17 and John 6:5-15. And when He finished feeding the crowds, there were 12 baskets of fish and bread left over. That is awesome!

Then in Mark 8:1-9 and Matthew 15:32-39 he fed 4,000, and when they were finsihed, there were 7 baskets of fish and bread remaining!

One more "Wow moment!"

I can only say that when we read that He is ABLE, we should never have a doubt! :wavey:

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    rd2, in recognizing He is able when it came to this miracle..., it's amazing to me the Bible is totally silent when it came to those hungry souls regarding what they witnessed.

I wonder if those folks simply "expected" what they got and were otherwise unappreciative or were they truly impressed and actually identified with His Lordship? Obviously, the majority were following Him or they wouldn't have been there to begin with.

Either way..., the miracle is still being performed in our lives today. This family in Eastern North Carolina is living proof. :godisgood:

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

There is great purpose in the two separate miracles. The feeding of 5,000 was more Jewish in its nature. It happened near Passover time, there’s a veiled reference to the 23rd Psalm, and there were 12 baskets left over. The number 5000 implies the advent of the Age of Grace. It symbolized that Jesus, the Bread of Life, was sufficient to satisfy the spiritual hunger of the 12 tribes of Israel, represented by the 12 baskets. The Feeding of the 5000 is the only pre-resurrection miracle to be included in all four gospels, and you have to read all four accounts to get the full impact.

The Feeding of the 4000 is contained only in Matt. and Mark and like the 5000 includes a mass healing. It’s more for the Gentiles, four being the number of the Earth and the 7 baskets left over, combined with the healing, shows His divine ability to completely meet the needs of all the Earth.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those number reflected justthe adult men, real numbers maybe high as 15-20 thousands!